Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Zmanbaseball2

macrumors 68040
Aug 24, 2012
New York, USA
I have been using mine for over a year and is working great. And for $1.78 and free shipping how can you go wrong.:confused:

It may work but it is always good to get apple certified charger cables. the quality is usually better in mfi products. Just trying to recommend products that will work reliably for a long time. Also ismooth has a very long warranty on anything that is bought. Nothing against you:)

BDjazz93

macrumors newbie
Jun 24, 2014
Hello! I am new on here and have been reading all the comments about power bars. I had ordered a couple of cheap power bars from Aduro off of Groupon. Needless to say, one works, the other does not. One was a gift for my sister whom has an iPhone 4s. Thank goodness hers is the one that works. The one I kept, doesn't work at all.

My question is for Zmanbaseball2: I have an iPhone 5s - 32 gig phone. What would you recommend for my phone? I have read everything thus far but not sure if there would be a charging difference if the phone is 32 gig versus the 16. And, does it make a difference of long v/s short lightning cord?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I'm glad I stumbled upon this thread!

Zmanbaseball2

macrumors 68040
Aug 24, 2012
New York, USA
Hello! I am new on here and have been reading all the comments about power bars. I had ordered a couple of cheap power bars from Aduro off of Groupon. Needless to say, one works, the other does not. One was a gift for my sister whom has an iPhone 4s. Thank goodness hers is the one that works. The one I kept, doesn't work at all.

My question is for Zmanbaseball2: I have an iPhone 5s - 32 gig phone. What would you recommend for my phone? I have read everything thus far but not sure if there would be a charging difference if the phone is 32 gig versus the 16. And, does it make a difference of long v/s short lightning cord?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I'm glad I stumbled upon this thread!

Hi,
The amount of memory in a phone, any phone, does not affect the battery at all. The length of cable does not matter either, along that the cable is apple certified and no extension cable is being used.
If you are looking for a battery pack, how many charges do you want it to charge your iPhone off of 1 charge of the battery pack?

BDjazz93

macrumors newbie
Jun 24, 2014
Thank you for responding. As long as I could get a full charge I am okay with it. If it gave one or more full charges, that's even better.

I need it to be able to communicate during bad storms. I try to let the battery on my phone run completely dry before I recharge it. And unfortunately, the storms usually seem to hit when my battery is on the low end. I always try to use Apple certified products and not looking to spend too much.

Last edited:

Zmanbaseball2

macrumors 68040
Aug 24, 2012
New York, USA
Thank you for responding. As long as I could get a full charge I am okay with it. If it gave one or more full charges, that's even better.

I need it to be able to communicate during bad storms. I try to let the battery on my phone run completely dry before I recharge it. And unfortunately, the storms usually seem to hit when my battery is on the low end. I always try to use Apple certified products and not looking to spend too much.

For one full charge, I recommend:
RAVPower Luster Mini 3000mAh Portable Charger Lipstick-Sized External Battery Pack Power Bank Charger (Ultra Bright Flashlight with High/Low/Strobe Modes, 5V/1A Output) for iPhone 5S, 5C, 5, 4S, 4, iPod (Lightning Cable not Provided); Samsung Galaxy S5, S4, S3, S2, Note 2; Nexus 5, Nexus 4, HTC Sensation, One X V One X V S, EVO 4G, Thunderbolt; Nokia Lumia 1020, 920 900 N9; Motorola Razr; LG Google Nexu 4 and other Android & Apple Device, Smart Phones, Tablets - Black
http://amzn.com/B0084Y47SK

BDjazz93

macrumors newbie
Jun 24, 2014
For one full charge, I recommend:
RAVPower Luster Mini 3000mAh Portable Charger Lipstick-Sized External Battery Pack Power Bank Charger (Ultra Bright Flashlight with High/Low/Strobe Modes, 5V/1A Output) for iPhone 5S, 5C, 5, 4S, 4, iPod (Lightning Cable not Provided); Samsung Galaxy S5, S4, S3, S2, Note 2; Nexus 5, Nexus 4, HTC Sensation, One X V One X V S, EVO 4G, Thunderbolt; Nokia Lumia 1020, 920 900 N9; Motorola Razr; LG Google Nexu 4 and other Android & Apple Device, Smart Phones, Tablets - Black
http://amzn.com/B0084Y47SK

Thank you Zman. I looked at that one when you posted it earlier. I also looked at this one that you posted: YOOBAO Intelligent Power Bank YB6016 13000mAh Portable Charger 2.1A... http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00IJ5M4AM/..._-iGNtb1RXZNEJ

This one did have some negative reviews, so I am not sure on it.

I would like to have one with the led indicators on it.

Last edited:

Zmanbaseball2

macrumors 68040
Aug 24, 2012
New York, USA
Thank you Zman. I looked at that one when you posted it earlier. I also looked at this one that you posted: YOOBAO Intelligent Power Bank YB6016 13000mAh Portable Charger 2.1A... http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00IJ5M4AM/..._-iGNtb1RXZNEJ

For the price...what do you think? Again, thank you for your time.

The yoobao is the best one for high capacity for the price. The ravpower is great for portability and an actual super bright flashlight at an excellent price.

iMas70

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 4, 2012
MA
I tried charging my iPad 4 with the Anker Astro 6000mAh. It went to about 38% from 0. Still working great on my phone. I usually connect it when it's down to about 30%. Sometimes do this a couple of times during the day and also charge my JBA speaker and have power to spare.

Zmanbaseball2

macrumors 68040
Aug 24, 2012
New York, USA
I tried charging my iPad 4 with the Anker Astro 6000mAh. It went to about 38% from 0. Still working great on my phone. I usually connect it when it's down to about 30%. Sometimes do this a couple of times during the day and also charge my JBA speaker and have power to spare.

I have the anker Astro as well. It works great. I use it once in a while. It is always on stand bye:)

stilts3

macrumors newbie
Jul 12, 2014
For 2 charges you will need at least 5200-5600mah of battery power.
Here are a few:
Most helpful review is me BTW...
Jackery Bar 5600mAh (Black) Premium Portable Power Bank Pack External Battery Backup Charger with 2.1A Output
http://amzn.com/B00DTXA578

EC TECHNOLOGY® 5600mAh External Battery Pack Backup Charger With Built-in Flashlight For Apple iPhone 5S 5C 5(Lightning Adapter Not Included) 4S 4G, iPad Air, Retina iPad Mini, Most Android Phones, Samsung Galaxy S3 S III I9300 S3 MINI I8190 S4 I9500 I9505 S4 Mini I9190, Galaxy note 2 3, Galaxy Gear, Motorola Triumph, Verizon Droid Razr, X2, Bionic, HTC One X S, Sensation G14, ThunderBolt, LG Optimus, Nokia Lumia 1020 900 800, Blackberry Z10, Sony Xperia Z Z1, Other Device, DV, GoPro Hero3, Sony PS Vita, Kindle - [12 Months Warranty]
http://amzn.com/B00A2HD7FG

PowerGen Mobile 5200mAh External Battery Pack High Capacity Power Bank Charger 1A output for Apple iPad 2, iPhone 4 4s 3Gs 3G, iPod Touch / Samsung Galaxy S3 S S2 S II, Advance, Galaxy Nexus, Epic 4G / Blackberry Torch Bold Curve / HTC Sensation 4G, XE, XL, One X, Thunderbolt, EVO Shift 3D, Inspire / LG Optimus V 2X 3D t / Motorola Droid Razr X 3 2 Bionic, Atrix 2, Triumph / Nokia Lumia 900 800
http://amzn.com/B005VBNYDS

Cheapest and has a cool feature:
SHARKK® 5200mAh Heavy Duty 5V 2A/1A Dual USB Ports External Battery Pack Power Bank WITH LED SCREEN for / The New iPad / iPad2 / iPad3 / iPad4 / iPad Mini Retina Display / iPhone 5 / iPhone 4S / iPhone4 / iPhone 3 / iPod Touch all versions /Samsung Galaxy S /Galaxy S2 / Galaxy S3 Galaxy S4 / Nexus/S3/S2/S / GoPro. VARIOUS PLUG ADAPTERS INCLUDED
http://amzn.com/B00AIEGXKE

Lots more...

I was thinking of getting a TeckNet® POWER BANK 15000mAh do you think i can charge a macbook pro with this and if not. can you recommend one that can?

SchneiderMan

macrumors G3
May 25, 2008

How about the L.E.D Portable Battery? I think during a blackout it'll be more than useful.

IsidoraU

macrumors newbie
Aug 19, 2014
Futurocks

Hi guys,

I have this assignment to write a blog post featuring Futurockcs power chargers. I actually tried to look for some reviews on the internet, but the only thing I managed to find were some blogs about how well the futurockcs charger goes with certain outfits :D And, I would really love to hear what do users actually think about this product, rather than its fashion potential.

So, has anyone here actually used Futurockcs power chargers, what is the main benefit from choosing this one as opposed to some others? And also, what are their faults?

Thank you in advance :)

dovahkiin691

macrumors newbie
Aug 14, 2014
Some power banks dont always charge idevices even though they should, if you look at the screen it would say this device is not supported by this accessory or something like that.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Some power banks dont always charge idevices even though they should, if you look at the screen it would say this device is not supported by this accessory or something like that.
That might be more of an issue with the cable that is being used rather than the power bank.

Zmanbaseball2

macrumors 68040
Aug 24, 2012
New York, USA
Power Banks Chargers?

That might be more of an issue with the cable that is being used rather than the power bank.

Adding on:
If charging a lightning ported device, it will most likely be caused by a non certified cable. Always look for MFi certified lightning cables.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.