Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Choister

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 19, 2014
Note 4's 5.7 inches does not seem exaggerated and iPhone 6 seems to be 4.8 inches. Really hope some will go for now the idea of curved screen. And I think we'll see 3500-4000mAh battery crammed in Note 4. Will it still removable? I will need extended batteries for games.
So Note 4, or iPhone 6? yah or nay?

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
Note 4's 5.7 inches does not seem exaggerated and iPhone 6 seems to be 4.8 inches. Really hope some will go for now the idea of curved screen. And I think we'll see 3500-4000mAh battery crammed in Note 4. Will it still removable? I will need extended batteries for games.
So Note 4, or iPhone 6? yah or nay?

If you want the very latest games - chances are the iPhone 6 will still be better served than the Note 4 where you will likely have to wait for developers to support the device, especially if its QHD and more importantly i have always found that iOS games are far better optimised for their devices than their android counterparts, despite often at times more muscle power in the android device, performance can often be surprisingly poor even on rather inconspicuous games like Rayman Fiesta Run...

So yeah gaming - id go with an iPhone, the erratic nature of gaming on android despite having flagship handsets - has meant I pretty much don't even bother anymore.

I know others will disagree - but I'm just speaking from my own personal experience. I don't like gaming on android despite all my prime devices being android based.

gotluck

macrumors 603
Dec 8, 2011
East Central Florida
Ios gaming experience is generally better I would agree.

Some games have additional features , like multiplayer is completely absent from fifa 14 on android.

kupkakez

macrumors 68020
Apr 4, 2011
Austin, TX
If you want the very latest games - chances are the iPhone 6 will still be better served than the Note 4 where you will likely have to wait for developers to support the device, especially if its QHD and more importantly i have always found that iOS games are far better optimised for their devices than their android counterparts, despite often at times more muscle power in the android device, performance can often be surprisingly poor even on rather inconspicuous games like Rayman Fiesta Run...

So yeah gaming - id go with an iPhone, the erratic nature of gaming on android despite having flagship handsets - has meant I pretty much don't even bother anymore.

I know others will disagree - but I'm just speaking from my own personal experience. I don't like gaming on android despite all my prime devices being android based.

I agree. If you want to game go iPhone. iPhone typically gets the games first and they are usually much better then the android counterparts.

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK

Yeah I agree, for whatever reason i've never got into gaming on a phone. Apart from when I'm bored on a plane.

apolloa

Suspended
Oct 21, 2008
Time, because it rules EVERYTHING!
Android do get most games, but after IOS gets them, however you have to think what else the Note 4 or iPhone 6 will bring, and why if it exists are you not thinking about the iPhone 6 5.5"?
I would also expect the Note 4 to have a removable battery, the iPhone never will. But what games do you want to play?

Fernandez21

macrumors 601
Jun 16, 2010
Unless you want to play emulators (NES, N64, SNES, Sega) or use a Bluetooth controller (iPhone only works with certified controllers), you should get an iPhone if gaming is the main thing you want.

gotluck

macrumors 603
Dec 8, 2011
East Central Florida
well, if you jailbreak, retroarch emulator (n64, psx, snes, etc..) libretro.com works great on iOS, I use a dualshock 4 controller with it :)

controllersforall makes ps3/4, wiimote and other controllers work with IOS7 Controller API in regular games too

Lloydbm41

Suspended
Oct 17, 2013
Central California
well, if you jailbreak, retroarch emulator (n64, psx, snes, etc..) libretro.com works great on iOS, I use a dualshock 4 controller with it :)

controllersforall makes ps3/4, wiimote and other controllers work with IOS7 Controller API in regular games too

Moga Power Pro and any Android flagship phone will put the iPhone to shame. Gaming shouldn't be limited to tapping and swiping glass and trying to hit virtual buttons. Not to mention trying to play on a pathetically tiny 3.99" screen is a joke.
In fact, the words 'gaming' and 'iPhone' shouldn't even be used in the same sentence. It is sad.

Now though, with a larger screen and Moga Power Pro certification for MFi, the iPhone 6 will be the first iPhone that is a legit gaming platform. Can't wait to see how it handles MC5!

gotluck

macrumors 603
Dec 8, 2011
East Central Florida
^ fair enough though I am using an iPad Air!

Don't think you can beat the dualshock 4 controller though :p

Jailbreak or die

I feel like gaming on android is like gaming on OSX , inferior performance. I would wager due to developers lack of optimization on both counts.

apolloa

Suspended
Oct 21, 2008
Time, because it rules EVERYTHING!
I got an iPad Mini Retina recently and I still prefer to game on my 2012 Nexus 7, because I just plug in my PS3 Dual Shock 3 and away I go, playing on a tablet with a PROPER games controller cannot be beaten for mobile gaming IMO.
But that of course depends on the games you play. Clash of Clans of Sentinel 4 etc work best using the screen.

I do play games on both of my devices.

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
Considering I've been on iOS since the beginning, I'm going to say Android.

Why? Because every time iOS is updated, it breaks the majority of games. SEGA released Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode I and II only two years ago, and they no longer work on iOS 7. We are okay for iOS 8 for the most part, but iOS 9 could bring something totally different that deprecates stuff a lot of stuff in today's SDKs.

The other thing is that in the long run, it's going to be very easy to emulate Android versions of games. The experience is better on iOS, but your investment is better suited to Android.

Which is exactly why I still keep a low end Samsung and Kindle Fire 1st gen.

cracksoup

macrumors 6502
Mar 26, 2014
I've never been disappointed with gaming performance on my Note 3 and the screen is perfect for gaming. Iphone has more stable performance (in some games!!), but I am discovering games that are playing in a very low resolution and not nearly as smooth as my Note 3.

People think that iPhone always plays in the highest settings because you simply can't see the settings. But truth is that there are unoptimized apps for iPhones as well as Androids. Besides, if you get a Note, you will get all the other good stuff.

mrex

macrumors 68040
Jul 16, 2014
europe
Considering I've been on iOS since the beginning, I'm going to say Android.

Why? Because every time iOS is updated, it breaks the majority of games. SEGA released Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode I and II only two years ago, and they no longer work on iOS 7. We are okay for iOS 8 for the most part, but iOS 9 could bring something totally different that deprecates stuff a lot of stuff in today's SDKs..

True. iOS apps even crashes more often than Android apps. (If you dont believe, use google and search ios vs android crash apps reports or so...) So maybe it is better they test games with iOS players until they release them for Android players, lol!

Dont know about the newest game - but it seems to be that nowadays large companies tends to launch both versions for ios and android. One game im missing for android is Pinball Fantasy - it seems to be only for iOS exclusively :( and i dont have iPad now...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.