Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ploki

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jan 21, 2008
My old iPad1 seemed to have lasted forever.

Mini Retina kills 20% of the charge in 1h22m of browsing in Safari. At that rate, it kills it in 7h of web surfing (nothing intense, normal web pages)... It's a bit disappointing. Basically thats as long as my Retina MacBook pro holds at web surfing...
How does your hold up?

16GB WiFi model.

XTheLancerX

macrumors 68000
Aug 20, 2014
NY, USA
I have the exact same iPad, 16 GB iPad mini with retina, wifi only. I get about the same battery life. It's a tad disappointing, but I use my iPad all day everyday almost nonstop (I have a lot of time on my hands okay? :c) so I just assume if I used my iPad in a more regular manner, it would hold up perfectly fine for me.

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
If I've used the Facebook app, even if I've swiped it off to close it, if I don't reboot, it seems my battery drains much faster than normal like 1% per 90 seconds. This is true on my iPhone 5s and on my retina Mini 128GB Wi-Fi AT&T model. And it doesn't seem to matter that I've closed down the background refresh for the App.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.