Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

D.T.

macrumors G4
Sep 15, 2011
Vilano Beach, FL
The wife has been making these little bacon egg cups, so simple, easy to make a large batch (if you’re serving a big group), deliciously simple. You can also dress them up with your choice of seasonings, spice, cheese :)

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    113.1 KB · Views: 97
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    101.5 KB · Views: 108
  • photo 3.JPG
    photo 3.JPG
    97.2 KB · Views: 101

jeremysteele

Cancelled
Jul 13, 2011
ugFReI4.png

Oddly landed on this forum at 911... which is a good thing.... now we all know the number to call for bacon-induced comas!

D.T.

macrumors G4
Sep 15, 2011
Vilano Beach, FL
How long do you bake them at what temp?

Saw this last but had to check with the wife this morning. :)

She microwaves the bacon for 2 minutes to get a little initial cook. The original recipe indicated 1 minute but that left the bacon a little undercooked. She mentioned about going even a little longer but you want to remain soft enough to be able to shape the cups (and it's going to cook again).

Then make the cups in a muffin tin, break an egg into each and cook for about 15 minutes on 350. Of course you'll want to experiment a touch with the cook time, our oven is pretty efficient (convection) so it's probably more like 15-18.

She's also done them with a little cheese sprinkled on top. :cool:

Carlanga

macrumors 604
Nov 5, 2009
For all you bacon addicts out there, I recommend trying Smart Bacon (also known as Facon Bacon) (http://www.lightlife.com/bacona.html). It tasted great and goes well on a bagel with cheddar cheese.:p

Oh, and not to mention it is ten times healthier than traditional bacon.;)
This is often said if a person that hasn't eaten real bacon in a while.
I bet it tastes kinda like turkey bacon. Meh

As for me I prefer my bacon alone next to an egg or two. Bread maybe.

Squilly

macrumors 68020
Nov 17, 2012
PA
There's a restaurant in Philadelphia that makes some pretty unique burgers called PYT. The one I've been eyeing up is a bacon wrapped patty on a donut bun. Normally I don't do bacon but it does sound delicious.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 104

shinji

macrumors 65816
Mar 18, 2007
The wife has been making these little bacon egg cups, so simple, easy to make a large batch (if you’re serving a big group), deliciously simple. You can also dress them up with your choice of seasonings, spice, cheese :)

What temperature/how long do you bake this for? It's just a strip of bacon you curl around the edge of each opening, and then crack an egg in right?

Intell

macrumors P6
Jan 24, 2010
Inside
There's a restaurant in Philadelphia that makes some pretty unique burgers called PYT. The one I've been eyeing up is a bacon wrapped patty on a donut bun. Normally I don't do bacon but it does sound delicious.

What is this monstrosity, I must eat it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.