Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Eduardot

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 30, 2013
After almost two years of service, my Airpot Extreme 5th generation router stopped giving me wireless signals for the network.
So being it such a short time of usage for it to die? on me.
I went and bougth me the asus RT-AC66W.
Do any of you know of any incompatibilities between the mac hardware and the Asus Router?

Thank you for your answers.

Note: iMac, Ipads, Mini iPads, Iphones, Retina Macbook Pro, DVD Superdrive. I am full apple hardware. Too bad for the extreme router. But two years is too little time. I have an Asus Modem that is 4 years old at home and it works flawless.:eek:

Altemose

macrumors G3
Mar 26, 2013
Elkton, Maryland
After almost two years of service, my Airpot Extreme 5th generation router stopped giving me wireless signals for the network.
So being it such a short time of usage for it to die? on me.
I went and bougth me the asus RT-AC66W.
Do any of you know of any incompatibilities between the mac hardware and the Asus Router?

Thank you for your answers.

Note: iMac, Ipads, Mini iPads, Iphones, Retina Macbook Pro, DVD Superdrive. I am full apple hardware. Too bad for the extreme router. But two years is too little time. I have an Asus Modem that is 4 years old at home and it works flawless.:eek:

Well... Do you have AppleCare on a Mac, iPad, iPhone, or Apple TV? If you do then your AirPort is covered. Have you tried a factory reset?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.