Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JHUFrank

macrumors 6502a
Apr 16, 2010
My local apple store just notified me that my refurbished 13 rmbp with 16 gigs of ram and 512 gig storage is ready to be picked up tomorrow. This is replacing my wonderful 4 year old late 2010 MBA. This machine better be darn good. It will be clothed in a SFBags Outback Solo. My MBA, it's kick starter nifty mini, 512 gig transcend drive and SFBag custom sleeve will be going to my wife and daughter. Will try to put up pics in the bags thread and do a follow up post tomorrow. :D

fpsBeaTt

Suspended
Apr 18, 2010
I just received my 15" rMBP 2.5/512/16 with 750M, or at least that's what I thought I ordered. On the spec sheet on the box, that's what it says I have, but when I go into "About My Mac" it says I only have the Iris Pro. What gives?

750M gives maximum swag.:apple:

akfgpuppet

macrumors regular
Feb 5, 2011
The 831
Ordered the new 13" rMBP, upgraded the RAM and the processor, it should arrive tomorrow. This will be the first MacBook that I own and the laptop that I use is in it's final days so I'm really excited for it. With education pricing and taxes I ended up paying around $2200, not bad right?

johnc22

macrumors 6502
Jul 28, 2010
Atlanta
Adorama delivered my 13" MPB Retina 2.6GHz/256GB/16GB today. My fiancé has basically take over my 2011 MB Air Ultimate so I needed a new laptop. Migration Assistant took three tries to work correctly but was finally able to get it done. Loving the retina display.

JHUFrank

macrumors 6502a
Apr 16, 2010
Picked up my new rmbp at the Apple store yesterday. My wife was a bit ornery and made me wait about 15 hours before we went and picked it up (it was on her debit card).
Unboxed the machine at the Apple store just to check for any defects as its a refurb model. It is absolutely in pristine condition.
This is an incredibly light laptop. I can't feel much difference at all between it and my old MBA. The display is absolutely gorgeous. I have never had a laptop before with backlit keys, so getting accustomed to that. So far the battery has been okay, I guess I was foolishly expecting it to be as good as my MBA. It's not, but it is still very solid.
Migration was easy, which is normal for me as a longtime Apple user. Everything imported intact from a Time Machine backup. All my older apps have no issues on the new laptop. All in all a very happy upgrade from my 2010 MBA.
As I am a Waterfield Designs junkie, SFBags.com, I decided to pair it with the new Outback Solo. I am using the Solo w/strap as a sleeve that goes into my waxed canvas 15 Muzetto. As usual the quality of a Waterfield Designs bag is second to none, and exquisitely designed. Again plan to post more on the bags thread. :D

benvh

macrumors newbie
Jul 29, 2014
San Francisco, CA
Received my late 2013 2.0/256/8 15" this week from Adorama. No sales tax, free shipping and free Applecare came out to $1645. Perfect for what I needed and a great price.

Ben

lightningz

macrumors newbie
Dec 4, 2012
Northumberland, UK
Just got my 2014 base 13" rMBP at student price, with the £60 gift card. Coming from a 2010 15" MBP. Obviously everything's improved but the thing I'm most surprised is the quality of the speakers! They seem pretty impressive to me.

Don't mind the decrease in screen size, 13" is perfect for me now to travel between Uni and on the train etc. In fact I've already pretty much adjusted.

Glad I plucked for this instead of holding out for the rumoured MBA update.

Last edited:

logicstudiouser

macrumors 6502a
Feb 4, 2010
Just ordered the late 2011 17" 2.5 GHz Quad-core i7 MacBook Pro with hi-res matte display (MD386LL/A). Comes with standard 1 year warranty, with Applecare, I am covered until 2017. Didn't think it was still possible to get this model. Got the certified refurbished through electronic king. They confirmed twice, serial number purchase date will be actual day of purchase and with AppleCare, covered for 3 years.
Very pleased! Will definitely make sure to get the AMD card gets looked at immediately and solder again if necessary to avoid any issues that have been reported from some users.
Those still loyal to the 17" model, you still have a chance to get it, and you can even get brand new sealed, if you have that kind of money. To me, not worth the extra $1000 for a retail box and no other difference.
I know someone that has dealt with this seller before, so I am confident everything is all good.

CodexNewb

macrumors newbie
Aug 19, 2014
New Mac User

Hello, I'm Kamille. Just purchased a new 13.3 inch Macbook Pro with Retina Display. I was a previous Windows user but I decided to make the switch to Mac because I did not like Windows 8.

The sales dude at Best Buy suggested I join some Apple forums to get to know more about my laptop and he recommended this one.

Just saying hi :eek:

NSXRebel

macrumors member
Jul 5, 2010
Hello, I'm Kamille. Just purchased a new 13.3 inch Macbook Pro with Retina Display. I was a previous Windows user but I decided to make the switch to Mac because I did not like Windows 8.

The sales dude at Best Buy suggested I join some Apple forums to get to know more about my laptop and he recommended this one.

Just saying hi :eek:

welcome to the family

Concorde105

macrumors newbie
Sep 1, 2009
Just received my base 15" late 2013 and it's amazing, except for one thing: when I put any pressure underneath the right side of the laptop you can hear the fan rubbing against the case. Can't use it on my lap until that gets fixed, which is pretty annoying. :(

Going to the apple store tomorrow, hopefully they have a quick turn around.

Real nice upgrade from my late 2008 15" other than that though.

Angriff

macrumors member
Dec 28, 2013
Just put in my order for the base model mid-2014 15" rMBP. I'm very excited. Replacing my combo of a mid-2010 11" MBA and a late 2007 24" iMac. I think the new combo plus my iPad Air will be a better solution overall for heading back to university.

Picking up computer at Apple Store tomorrow via in-store pickup option, because I'm too impatient to ship it from an online order.

donster28

macrumors 68000
Oct 5, 2006
Great White North
I just received my refurb base late-2013 15" rMBP and I was stunned! It is perfect in every way! Checked for yellow and inconsistent screen: NONE, backlight bleeding: NONE, image retention: NONE, dead/hot pixels: NONE, creaking: NONE, scratches and dents: NONE.

Better than my purchase of brand new MacBooks a few years back where I had to exchange or return them on multiple tries.

I noticed that it had a date on the white box of July 2014...could this be it's refurbishing month? If so, they might just be using good screens on these.

This is just my initial observation and yes, things might show up along the road, but with my experience with MacBooks, the initial impression is always an indication that the road to computing bliss with these babies is almost certain..with an extra $300 in my pocket. :)

Last edited:

leo1234

macrumors newbie
Aug 21, 2014
rMBP mid 2014

Got a rMBP mid 2014 top of the line today. Everything is amazing, this machine is sent back from the future :D:D:D

mrs1986

macrumors regular
Apr 21, 2011
Uruguay
I bougth my retina 15" from bhphotovideo, thay have amazing prices and free software...

I got the base model 2.0/8/256 for 1599 and with 80 worth of software...

I think is a great deal! Just hope it to be a great laptop!

----------

Received my late 2013 2.0/256/8 15" this week from Adorama. No sales tax, free shipping and free Applecare came out to $1645. Perfect for what I needed and a great price.

Ben

Wow and I was so happy about my parallels :/

Artimus12

macrumors 6502a
Nov 13, 2011
YooKay
Haven't posted here for a while, although I have browsed occasionally and having got fed up of Windows machines regularly failing me, I bought a mid 2014 15" rMBP last week! it's my first Mac, so a new experience for me.

I've already gleaned the info I needed to create a Bootcamp partition from the posts here and it works well! I need windows to run a few programs that I haven't so far been able to find in the Mac world, but didn't want to be flitting between two laptops, so Many Thanks to all participants in the various topics\posts I've been reading on the subject.

No doubt I'll be asking a few more questions, so be gentle with me.

Specs: 2.5\512\16\GT750M and loving it. :cool:

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.