Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thebigmeowski

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 8, 2013
I bought myself a new AUX cable by Belkin, but after plugging it in I discovered I will need to either buy an adapter or change my case as the aux cable's jack is too big (or the case's slot is too small...) and I simply can't push it all the way through.

First of all, I am (or used to be) a big fan of my Neo Hybrid, because it gave me just enough protection at the same time being considreably light, but do all Spigen's cases have the same issue with the headphone jack? I mean, if I were i.e to buy Ultra Hybrid or Slim Armor would I encounter same problem with fitting my jack without an adapter?

Second of all, I was trying to find a suitable adapter, but online it seems quite hard to estimate if it's going to fit in or not... I.e this one: link.

This is another one I found, but it says there it's 2.5 to3.5 mm, so I guess it won't work? (I'm sorry for asking dumb questions, I guess I've never been a headphone jack expert..).

Zmanbaseball2

macrumors 68040
Aug 24, 2012
New York, USA
I bought myself a new AUX cable by Belkin, but after plugging it in I discovered I will need to either buy an adapter or change my case as the aux cable's jack is too big (or the case's slot is too small...) and I simply can't push it all the way through.

First of all, I am (or used to be) a big fan of my Neo Hybrid, because it gave me just enough protection at the same time being considreably light, but do all Spigen's cases have the same issue with the headphone jack? I mean, if I were i.e to buy Ultra Hybrid or Slim Armor would I encounter same problem with fitting my jack without an adapter?

Second of all, I was trying to find a suitable adapter, but online it seems quite hard to estimate if it's going to fit in or not... I.e this one: link.

This is another one I found, but it says there it's 2.5 to3.5 mm, so I guess it won't work? (I'm sorry for asking dumb questions, I guess I've never been a headphone jack expert..).

I recommend you get this:
MobilePal(TM) Gold Plated Headset Audio Jack Extender; Audio Jack C... http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00KE5NJ7W/ref=cm_sw_r_udp_awd_jd28tb114G2NS

Or this aux cable that has a very narrow plug:
Tylt AUX 3.5mm Stereo Auxiliary Cable - Retail Packaging - Blue by Tylt http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001D1DI36/ref=cm_sw_r_udp_awd_le28tb0S7PPB8

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.