Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

justperry

macrumors G5
Aug 10, 2007
I'm a rolling stone.
Then what was so odd? You must be confused.

I had all the previews before beta 1, I then installed beta 1 over DP5, did not get the DP6 update, installed DP6 manually over beta 1, now i don't get beta 2 either.
So, I don't get updates for the DP's nor the beta's, so that's why I find it 'odd'.

----------

So you're upgrading from OS 9? :rolleyes:

Officially gb doesn't even exist.:p

Gb or GB.;)

jon9091

macrumors 6502
Jul 17, 2002
Screenshot iTunes 12

Wow...it just hit me how ugly every window is gonna be compared to what we have.

This could be an inside bet with Jony Ivie to make everything as ugly as he possibly can, and see if he's still called a genius of design.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-08-21 at 12.17.36 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-08-21 at 12.17.36 PM.png
    38.5 KB · Views: 349

drekryan

macrumors newbie
Dec 10, 2012
The volume thing on the screen looks different now when you press the volume buttons on the keyboard. And it doesn't make noise when you press the button.

This sound feedback setting is now off by default. You can enable it through System Preferences. If it is enabled and you dont want it to make noise either turn the feature off or hold the shift key while changing the volume.

phrozend

macrumors member
May 14, 2014
[...] If I was Eddie Cue, I would probably rename iTunes to Music, and make it only about music (with perhaps Beats Music thrown in) just as iBooks is only about books. Similarly, I would rename QuickTime Player as Videos and make it all about movies and TV shows. [...]

I do agree, however, I doubt it will happen seeing as iTunes (still) is such a strong brand name for them. Perhaps in the future...

PS They should remove the DVD-player and throw that into QuickTime/Videos as well...

Wow...it just hit me how ugly every window is gonna be compared to what we have.

This could be an inside bet with Jony Ivie to make everything as ugly as he possibly can, and see if he's still called a genius of design.

Now, you clearly got some troll in your blood, but I just want to say this: You're using a bad example (iTunes). Compare the two Safaris against each other. At least the close/min/max-buttons have been vertically centered there.

SirithX

macrumors 6502
Feb 21, 2007
San Francisco
I had all the previews before beta 1, I then installed beta 1 over DP5, did not get the DP6 update, installed DP6 manually over beta 1, now i don't get beta 2 either.
So, I don't get updates for the DP's nor the beta's, so that's why I find it 'odd'.

That makes sense, if you're on a PB then you'll only see PB updates. If you're on the latest DP you'll only see the DP updates. So according to your post, of course you won't see the DP6 update in PB1, nor would you see the PB2 update while in DP6.

WardC

macrumors 68030
Oct 17, 2007
Fort Worth, TX
Nobody has answered this yet...I don't think...

Are there any noticeable differences between DP6 and Public Beta 2, or is Public Beta 2 a less advanced release? I am a developer and signed up for both the developer testing and Public beta program, so I can get both. I ran through DP4 then went to Public Beta 1, then to DP5, and updated and running DP6 now.

Just wondering if it's worth installing this Public Beta 2 is I am running DP6 now, or if the Public Beta 2 is not advanced as DP6. If it's a newer release, with new bug fixes, I am for sure downloading it!

Can somebody confirm this, or provide their observations about the new Public Beta 2, if you installed it over a DP6 install.

Thanks.

calvin2006

macrumors 6502
May 15, 2006
Phoenix, AZ
iCloud Drive Update

Is it possible to add storage yet if you merge to iCloud Drive? Or are you stuck with the 5GB that comes free with a free iCloud account?

rneglia

macrumors 6502
Apr 18, 2006
Third-party Apps

My only two apps that MUST work are Tweetbot and Microsoft Remote Desktop (MRD).

They both worked in PB1.

Will test MRD from home tonight.

WardC

macrumors 68030
Oct 17, 2007
Fort Worth, TX
That makes sense, if you're on a PB then you'll only see PB updates. If you're on the latest DP you'll only see the DP updates. So according to your post, of course you won't see the DP6 update in PB1, nor would you see the PB2 update while in DP6.

I get both releases, I've signed up for both programs, I am a paid Apple developer, and a Yosemite beta test member. Both releases show up in my app store "Purchases" and "Updates"

justperry

macrumors G5
Aug 10, 2007
I'm a rolling stone.

Actually, now you explained it I feel a bit dumb, off course it is.:eek:

matavr

macrumors newbie
Jul 29, 2014
Installed

So far I see new icons in system preferences and new battery icon in menu bar

Takuro

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2009
The volume thing on the screen looks different now when you press the volume buttons on the keyboard. And it doesn't make noise when you press the button.

It's disabled by default for some reason. Go to System Preferences -> Sound -> Sound Effects -> Select "Play feedback when volume is changed"

Mtmspa

Suspended
May 13, 2013
Nobody has answered this yet...I don't think...

Are there any noticeable differences between DP6 and Public Beta 2, or is Public Beta 2 a less advanced release? I am a developer and signed up for both the developer testing and Public beta program, so I can get both. I ran through DP4 then went to Public Beta 1, then to DP5, and updated and running DP6 now.

Just wondering if it's worth installing this Public Beta 2 is I am running DP6 now, or if the Public Beta 2 is not advanced as DP6. If it's a newer release, with new bug fixes, I am for sure downloading it!

Can somebody confirm this, or provide their observations about the new Public Beta 2, if you installed it over a DP6 install.

Thanks.

Since you have access to both and spare machines, how about doing your own research and reporting the findings?

phrozend

macrumors member
May 14, 2014
It's disabled by default for some reason. Go to System Preferences -> Sound -> Sound Effects -> Select "Play feedback when volume is changed"

(you can also temporarily activate it by pressing "shift + volume up/down" if you just want to check it out!)

WardC

macrumors 68030
Oct 17, 2007
Fort Worth, TX
Now I don't get it again, so it should be available!

It shows up in "Purchases" not Updates. The Place where your Public Beta 1 download is, has been updated and renamed "Yosemite Public Beta 2" It is in your App Store Purchases, if you are a Yosemite Public Beta tester.

Attachments

• beta.jpg
    beta.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 225

justperry

macrumors G5
Aug 10, 2007
I'm a rolling stone.
I did. I wasn't able to capture it using regular OS X tools. Can you do it?!

- Jon

Screenshot; Hold Command-Shift-4 and then select the area to make a shot from or with the 3key it will make a screenshot of your whole screen.

----------

It shows up in "Purchases" not Updates. The Place where your Public Beta 1 download is, has been updated and renamed "Yosemite Public Beta 2" It is in your App Store Purchases, if you are a Yosemite Public Beta tester.

I know but not in Software Update!

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.