Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

iwork.jpg
Apple today released a series of minor updates for its suite of iWork apps for both iOS and Mac, adding stability improvements and fixing bugs. iMovie for Mac was also given a minor update, adding iCloud compatibility improvements for iMovie Theater.

Today's minor update for the iWork apps follows a more significant update that was first released in April, adding several new features and improvements to return functionality that was removed when the new iWork apps were introduced in first September of 2013.

Apple's line of iWork apps are available for free to users who have recently purchased a new Mac or iOS device. The iWork apps for iOS are otherwise available for $9.99 from the App Store, while the Mac versions are available from the Mac App Store for $19.99. iMovie for iOS is available for $4.99, while iMovie for Mac is available for $14.99.

Pages for Mac - [Mac App Store]
Numbers for Mac - [Mac App Store]
Keynote for Mac [Mac App Store]
iMovie for Mac [Mac App Store]

Pages for iOS - [App Store]
Numbers for iOS - [App Store]
Keynote for iOS - [App Store]

Article Link: Apple Updates iWork for iOS/Mac With Bug Fixes and Stability Improvements

GeneralChang

macrumors 68000
Dec 2, 2013
I would buy iWork for my mac, but considering I'll be buying a new mac in a year or two and I'll get it free then, I can't seem to bring myself to do it.

macachia

macrumors 6502
Sep 25, 2007
i don't think these are the is versions as the beta apps on the dev portal are a higher version than these updated 2.2.2 (beta apps are 2.4.1)

oxley6548

macrumors newbie
Aug 9, 2014
Nottingham
i dont seem to see ipages update ive only received imovie and inumbers update

also ive updated to the new pb 2 yosemite loving the new features !

syntax

Suspended
May 8, 2002
i dont seem to see ipages update ive only received imovie and inumbers update

also ive updated to the new pb 2 yosemite loving the new features !

Only seeing the Numbers update on my MacBook Air. Only seeing the Keynote update on my iMac. Odd.

oxley6548

macrumors newbie
Aug 9, 2014
Nottingham
Only seeing the Numbers update on my MacBook Air. Only seeing the Keynote update on my iMac. Odd.

hmm strange and didn't bother buying keynote as im getting a new macbook pro in september so i didn't see a point in doing so but i need pages and numbers so i went ahead and brought them.

IJ Reilly

macrumors P6
Jul 16, 2002
Palookaville
Better yet, Apple should revert to the Pages '09 layout. I refuse to update from my iWork '09 until they fix the GUI in the newer ones.

It isn't just the interface, it's the features. Yosemite is beginning to scare me. If the new OS breaks iWork '09, I will be unable to buy any new Macs, maybe ever, as I am highly dependent on Pages 4.1, and it looks like feature parity is pretty much a lost cause.

shareef777

Suspended
Jul 26, 2005
Chicago, IL
Was hoping that the updates fix a strange bug i've been seeing since going to Yosemite.

Essentially, any time I open an iCloud based document in Numbers I get a "Modifications aren't in sync. Choose which versions to keep." and it lists just one version (the last copy I modified). If I click cancel, it closes the app. If I click that version, I'm good, but after closing and re-opening the document I get greeted with the same message.

Last edited:

PocketSand11

macrumors 6502a
Jun 12, 2014
~/
It isn't just the interface, it's the features. Yosemite is beginning to scare me. If the new OS breaks iWork '09, I will be unable to buy any new Macs, maybe ever, as I am highly dependent on Pages 4.1, and it looks like feature parity is pretty much a lost cause.

Ugh, that stinks. I forgot that the new iWork is also missing features. I'm really getting sick of Apple killing support for stuff. One day, I might even switch to FreeBSD if it gets bad enough. They still support 32-bit PowerPC and have ports for it, and I'm installing it on a second bootup partition on an iBook G4 right now :)

Last edited:

IJ Reilly

macrumors P6
Jul 16, 2002
Palookaville
Ugh, that stinks. I forgot that the new iWork is also missing features. I'm really getting sick of Apple killing support for stuff. One day, I might even switch to FreeBSD if it gets bad enough. They still support 32-bit PowerPC and have ports for it :)

It reeks. Some users of the Yosemite beta are saying iWork '09 still works, others say not. A risk I cannot afford to take. I may be forced into a decision to buy new iMacs before Yosemite is released, or be even more screwed than I am already.

coolfactor

macrumors 604
Jul 29, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Better yet, Apple should revert to the Pages '09 layout. I refuse to update from my iWork '09 until they fix the GUI in the newer ones.

They definitely won't be "reverting", but enough user pressure will see them meet in the middle. The new layout is not bad, but the lack of certain dropped features, like linked text boxes, is very frustrating!

What makes this worse is the silence from Apple on the subject. I've submitted many messages through their official Feedback forms, because I want to do it the right way. A knowledgebase article from the iWork team would go a long way to easing the concerns around this.

Hey Apple, posting update notes saying "improved performance and bug fixes" is not sufficient enough for us power users. Please think about that.

----------

You can install the trials of 09 and then MAS let's you update to the latest for free ;)

I considered that, but the Trial seemed to be distributed by Softpedia.com and I really wasn't prepared to trust Apple software being distributed by a third party. That said, I'm giving it a go.

sracer

macrumors G4
Apr 9, 2010
where hip is spoken
They definitely won't be "reverting", but enough user pressure will see them meet in the middle. The new layout is not bad, but the lack of certain dropped features, like linked text boxes, is very frustrating!

What makes this worse is the silence from Apple on the subject. I've submitted many messages through their official Feedback forms, because I want to do it the right way. A knowledgebase article from the iWork team would go a long way to easing the concerns around this.

Hey Apple, posting update notes saying "improved performance and bug fixes" is not sufficient enough for us power users. Please think about that.
"improved performance and bug fixes" is corporate-speak for, "no new functions have been added". ;)

I considered that, but the Trial seemed to be distributed by Softpedia.com and I really wasn't prepared to trust Apple software being distributed by a third party. That said, I'm giving it a go.
I recommend buying iWork 09. There are some reputable sellers selling it on ebay for $20-40. If you find that iWork 09 is not to your liking you can then upgrade for free to the latest version.

IJ Reilly

macrumors P6
Jul 16, 2002
Palookaville

This assumes they want to ease our concerns, when what they really seem to want is for us to migrate to the new, less powerful software, and forget that we ever had something better.

szw-mapple fan

macrumors 68040
Jul 28, 2012

You can always install Mavericks on your new mac.

Aluminum213

macrumors 68040
Mar 16, 2012
Using anything but MS Office in a workplace or school environment is still laughable

It's good that it's free but Apple has a loooong way to go

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.