Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

charlestx

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 16, 2013
Florida
Is it possible to reconfigure the number assignments for the battery in iFile? I have BatteryLife and the battery is very inconsistant... my battery does not drop from 100% until BL is around 92%. If it is possible where is battery values located in iFile?

Intell

macrumors P6
Jan 24, 2010
Inside
There is no way to change the battery calibration numbers besides recalibrating the battery.

Intell

macrumors P6
Jan 24, 2010
Inside
Use the device until it turns itself off, then charge it non-stop to full. Try not to do this more than once a month as draining a lithium battery too far too often can reduce its overall lifespan.

charlestx

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 16, 2013
Florida
Use the device until it turns itself off, then charge it non-stop to full. Try not to do this more than once a month as draining a lithium battery too far too often can reduce its overall lifespan.

Ok. Thanks for your help.

kalirob99

macrumors 68000
Dec 24, 2008
California

I've heard of this technique but my battery life on my iPhone 5 registers at 1216mAh in BatteryDetective and I don't wanna risk it getting worse trying this lol. Is it safe?

Intell

macrumors P6
Jan 24, 2010
Inside
I've heard of this technique but my battery life on my iPhone 5 registers at 1216mAh in BatteryDetective and I don't wanna risk it getting worse trying this lol. Is it safe?

Yes, that is the standard battery calibration process for nearly every lithium battery.

kalirob99

macrumors 68000
Dec 24, 2008
California
Yes, that is the standard battery calibration process for nearly every lithium battery.

Suppose I can give it a shot. So I just let it die and immediately plug it in and leave it? How long should I leave plugged in since I don't want to keep checking on it and blow the process of non usage lol

Intell

macrumors P6
Jan 24, 2010
Inside
You can check on it and use it while it is recharging after being drained. Just don't unplug it until it is fully charged.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.