Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jdspc

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 13, 2014
Hi guys, long time lurker but first time poster

i have a question about apple store financing. what's the difference between the student rbs citizens card and the barclay card for the apple store, besides the interest rates and special offers? is one easier to get than the other?

sorry if this is in the wrong thread.

thanks

hallux

macrumors 68040
Apr 25, 2012
The company/bank that backs it. The Citizen's Bank one may be easier as it's geared toward students who won't typically have a significant credit history.

For what it's worth, RBS Citizens beat the manufacturer's advertised finance rate by .19% when I bought my car 3 years ago.

iBanker

macrumors regular
Aug 14, 2014
46th floor
Do yourself a favor and don't finance a computer.

I financed a MacBook two years ago - it was essentially an interest-free loan for three months, I paid the principal before the grace period ended. Why not delay payment at no cost?

yg17

macrumors Pentium
Aug 1, 2004
St. Louis, MO
I financed a MacBook two years ago - it was essentially an interest-free loan for three months, I paid the principal before the grace period ended. Why not delay payment at no cost?

Because unless you can predict the future, you never know if you'll run in to some sort of emergency that requires you to spend the money on other things, now you're stuck with a loan on a MacBook at what is probably at least a 20% APR.

mobilehaathi

macrumors G3
Aug 19, 2008
The Anthropocene
Hi guys, long time lurker but first time poster

i have a question about apple store financing. what's the difference between the student rbs citizens card and the barclay card for the apple store, besides the interest rates and special offers? is one easier to get than the other?

sorry if this is in the wrong thread.

thanks

Find the terms and read each: that's the best way to figure the differences.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Find the terms and read each: that's the best way to figure the differences.

That's generally what I do. I look to see which product has the best terms and go for that :)

Free financing is usually a good one to embrace, if you can pay off the balance before the expiration date of the deal, i.e., don't delay otherwise all the accrued interest is applied.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.