Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Darien Red Sox

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 13, 2010
CT, USA
Is the iTunes Library file different on Windows than it is on Mac? At work my Library is on the network share, and was created on a Windows PC. When I log into a Mac I get a message that iTunes can not open because the file iTunes Library.itl was created with a newer version of iTunes. Any one know why?
Thanks

maturola

macrumors 68040
Oct 29, 2007
Atlanta, GA
They are the same, my library is on the network share as well, and i can read it with Win, OSx, and Linux without an issue.

Are you sure you are running the latest iTunes?

tomcorbett28

macrumors member
Jul 30, 2014
NJ
iTunes do not have the sames files in Windows than in Mac

I was trying to get my wife to use Audible on the Mac Book Pro computer the other day. But the Windows had the correct file in it but the Mac Book Pro was an old files. I don't understand because I think they should be the same. How can I correct file on the Mac Book Pro without messing the file up in Windows 7.

Thank you very much for any help you might give me.
Tom

maturola

macrumors 68040
Oct 29, 2007
Atlanta, GA
I was trying to get my wife to use Audible on the Mac Book Pro computer the other day. But the Windows had the correct file in it but the Mac Book Pro was an old files. I don't understand because I think they should be the same. How can I correct file on the Mac Book Pro without messing the file up in Windows 7.

Thank you very much for any help you might give me.
Tom

What exactly do you mean by "correct file"? do you mean a specify song or video file? or you are talking about the library?

tomcorbett28

macrumors member
Jul 30, 2014
NJ
In the Windows everything is update but on the Mac Book Pro were maybe2 years old. But whenever use Mac Book Pro with the iPod before.

tomcorbett28

macrumors member
Jul 30, 2014
NJ
iTune updating

I'm updating the iTunes will that make the same when I di that. it is all reading updating for 5 minutes so far and still doing it. it says checking for updates.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.