Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion

Old Aug 22, 2014, 10:35 AM   #26
NovemberWhiskey
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milese3 View Post
The images are concepts, right?
yup
NovemberWhiskey is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2014, 10:35 AM   #27
roow110
macrumors regular

The colored glass looks so much better than the matching aluminum inside of those plastic bands.
roow110 is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2014, 10:36 AM   #28
paradox00
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilster3k View Post
Yeah no... You can't really match the textured look of anodised aluminium with plastic. What they're doing is the best way to go and is stylish, matching the colours would make it look tacky.
Matching colours wouldn't necessarily work out great, but the white bands we've seen look terrible. It creates a gaudy contrast between the aluminum center piece and the bands surrounding it. Black bands would look better on the silver model than white. It's a shame that these renders aren't representative of the phone. The design looks so much better without the island of aluminum. Hopefully the plastic we've seen on the backs so far as been a place holder, and a more tasteful material/colour is in its place on the shipping product.
paradox00 is offline   4 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2014, 10:38 AM   #29
boechat
macrumors member

If lens protrude, i will not buy.
so simple
boechat is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2014, 10:43 AM   #30
kemal
macrumors 6502

I could have sworn there were no glass panels on the back, not same as iPhone 5. Perhaps if the panels are in fact aluminum on the shipping model the bands need to be wider to reduce interference. Note that two insulated aluminum spots means two more antennas.
Old Aug 22, 2014, 10:43 AM   #31
horsebattery
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintforlife View Post
I don't see the protruding camera ring. It makes me question the legitimacy of the story.
I think you actually need to read the story to be qualified to judge the legitimacy of it.

It boggles the mind to see how many people completely disregarded that the picture in the article is a third-party concept/rendering.
horsebattery is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2014, 10:53 AM   #32
DotCom2
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilster3k View Post
Yeah no... You can't really match the textured look of anodised aluminium with plastic. What they're doing is the best way to go and is stylish, matching the colours would make it look tacky.
One of the rules in design that I have heard is that if you can't match a color to a color, then go completely opposite.
Trying to match the color of one material to a different material and being off just looks cheap and tacky.
DotCom2 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2014, 11:06 AM   #33
cocky jeremy
macrumors 68030

Send a message via AIM to cocky jeremy Send a message via Skype™ to cocky jeremy
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBF View Post
How many more times do I have to say this?

5.5-incher does not exist
You can say it all you want, it's irrelevant. It's an opinion, and nothing about it is fact.
Old Aug 22, 2014, 11:09 AM   #34
saintforlife
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsebattery View Post
I think you actually need to read the story to be qualified to judge the legitimacy of it.

It boggles the mind to see how many people completely disregarded that the picture in the article is a third-party concept/rendering.
Old Aug 22, 2014, 11:20 AM   #35
muzzymate
macrumors member

Interesting that it appears to have a button on the same side as the camera. Volume rockers have been on the opposite side of the camera.

A photo snap button perhaps? That's on the right side of the camera so videos and photos don't end upside down when viewed on a Windows machine?

Quote:
Originally Posted by boechat View Post
so simple
Agreed. Just make the phone an extra half millimeter thicker if that's the case. A protruding lens will make it much more vulnerable to breakage, scratches, etc.
muzzymate is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2014, 11:23 AM   #36
Col4bin
macrumors regular

Whelp, there goes the surprise. Thanks a lot China Telecom.
Old Aug 22, 2014, 11:25 AM   #37
luhab
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzzymate View Post
Interesting that it appears to have a button on the same side as the camera. Volume rockers have been on the opposite side of the camera.

A photo snap button perhaps?
it's the power button!
luhab is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2014, 11:29 AM   #38
muzzymate
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by luhab View Post
it's the power button!
I guess it would make sense to move the power button from the top to the side, if the phone gathers extra size. Would much rather it be a camera button though I guess.
muzzymate is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2014, 11:34 AM   #39
roow110
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by boechat View Post
so simple
I think the lens protrusion will offer a number of benefits that may make it more useful than an annoyance. Most notably a better camera and the option for magnetic lens attachments.
roow110 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2014, 11:34 AM   #40
jvmxtra
macrumors 65816

I know we are all led to believe this is concept but so was everything else no?

This type of white banding makes so much more sense than all the none sense looking that's been featured on line lately.

I like the way this phone looks a LOT
Old Aug 22, 2014, 11:35 AM   #41
bushido
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by kemal View Post
I could have sworn there were no glass panels on the back, not same as iPhone 5. Perhaps if the panels are in fact aluminum on the shipping model the bands need to be wider to reduce interference. Note that two insulated aluminum spots means two more antennas.
thats just a concept render
bushido is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2014, 11:38 AM   #42
HobeSoundDarryl
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncbill View Post
in the U.S. one model (of each size size) of the new iPhone 6 will support all carriers?
Hopefully. One phone that could easily jump from any carrier to any other carrier with full (new) carrier benefits would be TERRIFIC! As consumers, we should want this very badly so that we are as free as possible to hop to any other carrier.
HobeSoundDarryl is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2014, 11:41 AM   #43
horsebattery
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintforlife View Post
That response would make sense, if the sarcasm did as well - point being that the article isn't about legitimacy of the rendering at all.
horsebattery is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2014, 11:43 AM   #44
Radio
In Time-Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBF View Post
How many more times do I have to say this?

5.5-incher does not exist
U lie!!!!!
Radio is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2014, 11:44 AM   #45
Casiotone
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvmxtra View Post
I know we are all led to believe this is concept but so was everything else no?

This type of white banding makes so much more sense than all the none sense looking that's been featured on line lately.

I like the way this phone looks a LOT
"This type of white banding" is also completely unreal and doesn't take into account the reality of radio transmission and manufacturing processes.

It's easy to make a render that looks like anything you want, but it doesn't mean it's feasible in practice. I highly doubt that the thickness of the bands on the real iPhone 6 is an aesthetic decision.
Casiotone is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2014, 11:49 AM   #46
jvmxtra
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casiotone View Post
"This type of white banding" is also completely unreal and doesn't take into account the reality of radio transmission and manufacturing processes.

It's easy to make a render that looks like anything you want, but it doesn't mean it's feasible in practice. I highly doubt that the thickness of the bands on the real iPhone 6 is an aesthetic decision.

Yes, but we are also talking about apple products who believe in *not* creating ugly products..
Old Aug 22, 2014, 12:03 PM   #47
ThunderApple
macrumors 6502

Pretty much what I'm expecting the phone to look like. It's the same renders that Spigen is using for their iP6 cases ads.

ThunderApple is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2014, 12:03 PM   #48
UnfetteredMind
macrumors 6502

So are we thinking China Telecom did their own renders of the iPhone just to have placeholders when creating the ads or that these came from Apple? I would find the first hard to believe myself (why would they waste the time when official images are sure to come from Apple?) and, if they are supplied by Apple, why would they not be accurate?

Edit: I guess they could have grabbed renders from other sources as well (quick and easy, still act as placeholders until they get the proper images from Apple).
UnfetteredMind is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2014, 12:07 PM   #49
MRI3T
macrumors member

2 words: Absolutely GORGEOUS
MRI3T is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2014, 12:09 PM   #50
jsmith189
macrumors regular

Much prefer those bands to the one we've been seeing. Too bad they're renderings.
jsmith189 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion