Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JDDavis

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 16, 2009
Found him in the Hostas while I was watering them. It's been dry here. iPhone 5s and Snapseed again.

p957198564-5.jpg

JDDavis

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 16, 2009
Only crop was to change it to a square aspect ratio. My phone was mere inches from the subject. He was a very brave grasshopper.

Nice. I'm assuming the phone was the iphone 5 in your sig? That's pretty good. My 5s seems to get decently close but there is, of course, a distance that it just won't focus any more. A couple of inches is probably about right. I have one of those slip on macro lens for the phone but it's amazingly hard to take pics with and when you nail the focus it's still a pretty poor image in my opinion.

Meister

Suspended
Oct 10, 2013
Nice. I'm assuming the phone was the iphone 5 in your sig? That's pretty good. My 5s seems to get decently close but there is, of course, a distance that it just won't focus any more. A couple of inches is probably about right. I have one of those slip on macro lens for the phone but it's amazingly hard to take pics with and when you nail the focus it's still a pretty poor image in my opinion.
that's interesting. Could you post an example?

netslacker

macrumors 6502
Jan 21, 2008
I like the idea of a "mobile pics" thread so here's one from this past weekend. Watkins Glen State Park, NY. iPhone 5S with minor SnapSeed.

Attachments

• IMG_8371.jpg
    IMG_8371.jpg
    590.4 KB · Views: 116

JDDavis

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 16, 2009

Love it. What did you take it with Ace?

----------

[url=https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5554/14834480178_87155bd1f7_c.jpg]Image[/url]
Walk with grandparents
by alex.stedman, on Flickr

Taken on a Moto X in HDR mode, then tweaked in Snapseed.

Alex

This is great. Love the lines.

----------

Took this this summer on vacation. iPhone 5s and Snapseed. Yes, the phone did get wet but it turned out ok. I used the burst mode (hold the shutter button down) to capture the entire jump. It worked pretty well.

p1070135279-5.jpg

JDDavis

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 16, 2009
Love it. What did you take it with Ace?

----------

Just an iPhone. Nothing special!

Ahh, but that's the point. What are we capable of with these "limited" devices? I say you did pretty great with the composition of that one.

----------

A few days ago.

A good bit of noise in the sky (still a nice shot though). What did you take this with?

**Remember to let us know what you took it with and with what app (if you used one) you did the PP with.**

NeGRit0

macrumors 6502a
Apr 19, 2008
Las Vegas, Nv
A good bit of noise in the sky (still a nice shot though). What did you take this with?

**Remember to let us know what you took it with and with what app (if you used one) you did the PP with.**

Note 3 and Snapseed. I didn't say, as it hasn't changed for my last few posts. Seems I may push things to far in Snapseed. They look great on my phone, but less than stellar on the computer.

Here's the original.

Attachments

• 20140820_180414_S 4th St.jpg
    20140820_180414_S 4th St.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 105

JDDavis

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 16, 2009
Note 3 and Snapseed. I didn't say, as it hasn't changed for my last few posts. Seems I may push things to far in Snapseed. They look great on my phone, but less than stellar on the computer.

Here's the original.

Too lazy to search back to your previous posts. Support lazy surfing :rolleyes:

The sky is obviously much better is the original but the building and foreground are better in the Snapseed version. Tough choice with limited resolution and a JPEG. I wish Snapseed had the U point stuff on the filters so you could remove the effect on certain parts.

NeGRit0

macrumors 6502a
Apr 19, 2008
Las Vegas, Nv
Too lazy to search back to your previous posts. Support lazy surfing :rolleyes:

The sky is obviously much better is the original but the building and foreground are better in the Snapseed version. Tough choice with limited resolution and a JPEG. I wish Snapseed had the U point stuff on the filters so you could remove the effect on certain parts.

Will do. :)

That would be a killer feature to have!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.