Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dontwalkhand

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jul 5, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
I have always used clear cases on my phone, and my other job involves working in many office environments. I'm usually required to hand the phone over to the client to look over some stuff, or e-sign some documents...normally I would use the iPad for this, but sometimes it's just much easier to use the thing that's always with you in your pocket.

I like my clear cases but overtime they do scuff up so bad I have to replace it....about once a month.

Now to get to the point, presentation is everything, and I was thinking of the official Apple cases, but I'm not too sure if the black one would look good with a white phone.

Obviously Otterbox or other construction worker ugly cases are completely out of the question. I'm looking for something classy, but provides adequate protection of the phone.

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA
I have always used clear cases on my phone, and my other job involves working in many office environments. I'm usually required to hand the phone over to the client to look over some stuff, or e-sign some documents...normally I would use the iPad for this, but sometimes it's just much easier to use the thing that's always with you in your pocket.

I like my clear cases but overtime they do scuff up so bad I have to replace it....about once a month.

Now to get to the point, presentation is everything, and I was thinking of the official Apple cases, but I'm not too sure if the black one would look good with a white phone.

Obviously Otterbox or other construction worker ugly cases are completely out of the question. I'm looking for something classy, but provides adequate protection of the phone.

I have the white 5s and use the black Apple leather case, and they look really good together. I work for a Fortune 100 company and have seen several other men, including my boss, with the same setup.

PNutts

macrumors 601
Jul 24, 2008
Pacific Northwest, US
I see a lot of our execs with leather cases of varying functionality. I don't have a particular one in mind but just google leather iPhone case and maybe you'll see something that catches your eye. Be aware that certain types of leather will distress (wear) more quickly than others. Some not at all (within reason).

Something softer will not scuff. I'm not sure how classy these are, but I went with a Tech21 case. I mention it because they do not scuff and they feel grippy so they are easy to hand back and forth (and not slide across a conference table). They provide more protection than most non-ruggedized cases. To me they are clean and retain a tech look and the smokey color might fit into a corporate / customer environment. What they may lack in formality is made up by being clean and tight.

There is also an iPhone Accessories forum where cases are also discussed.

Or go the other way:

catbugcase.png

XTheLancerX

macrumors 68000
Aug 20, 2014
NY, USA

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
WHy don't you just, you know, try the black phone case on your white phone and see how it looks? there is also a brown one. Apple will let you do that. they're cool like that.

When i went shopping for a case (admittedly this was launch day) they even had trial cases to pop on your phones. But they have no problem with your trying a case before you buy it. And they shouldn't! markup on the damn thing is probably something like 2000%

davistld01

macrumors 6502a
Aug 6, 2008
Springfield, MO
I have the white 5s and use the black Apple leather case, and they look really good together. I work for a Fortune 100 company and have seen several other men, including my boss, with the same setup.

100% agree. I have same combo as this member but with black phone. It looks great and very professional, which is what I was striving for as well. I am keeping fingers crossed that Apple will have same cover for the iPhone 6!

mysterydate

macrumors 6502
Feb 24, 2010
Waseca, MN
If you're into the leather look, but you're concerned about scuffing, I can't say it gets much classier than one of our handmade paper cases in Brown or Black. Looks better the more people you hand it to. :) We're a few more bucks than the Apple Leather, but show none of that wear.

August West

macrumors 6502
Aug 23, 2009
Land of Enchantment

I've been 100% satisfied with the Tough Armor case for my 5s. To my eye it looks nice, feels great in my hand and provides a reasonable amount of protection without adding excessive bulk. I tried several cases which were quickly relegated to my desk drawer before finding the Tough Armor.

Amazon currently has the metal slate model for $18.99.

AE14

macrumors 68030
Jul 9, 2013
Philly Burbs
I have a very professional job and a white/silver 5s. I typically had the black leather on it and loved it. However, due to battery needs I now have the juice pack plus and couldn't be happier. It still maintains a strong professional look.

RenoG

macrumors 65816
Oct 7, 2010
Most C level people I have known or met rarely or never use a case.

This^^ I work in the financial district of SF in a corporate office in a major corporation that daily puts me around all upper management execs i.e. CFO/CEO/Board members etc. All iphones and all necked that I noticed, I might have seen one or two in a case, and its the black leather folio type but this was back in iphone 4 and 4s days.

mofunk

macrumors 68020
Aug 26, 2009
Americas
x3 Spigen case. It's clean and looks professional. i like the Ultra Hybrid clear. It gives you phone protection and looks very clean.

zorinlynx

macrumors G3
May 31, 2007
Florida, USA
InCase Slider. It's sleek and professional looking, yet provides very good drop protection to the phone. I don't work in an executive business environment, but I would have absolutely no qualms about showing the dean of the school something on my phone in its InCase Slider.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.