Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rpulse

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 23, 2014
My macbook has been running slow recently. I dont know what is happening. I sent it to an IT office to restore everything but it didnt work. Since I got my macbook, I have watched many movies online which I think seemed to slow my macbook. Since the problem started I havent done much to the macbook, the activity monitor says that Google Chrome is using up to 10% of CPU and there is nothing that is taking up more than that. The internet every 10 minutes just doesn't respond and the pop up comes telling me to kill the pages. The wheel of death appears often after I turn on my computer and keeps going for like 30 seconds. Then when I open something I didn't use like System Preferences or spotlight or the dashboard, the whole laptop freezes and the wheel of death appears again. What is the problem? By the way, my macbook is a 10.7.5 from 2012, 2.5GHz and 4GB

yjchua95

macrumors 604
Apr 23, 2011
GVA, KUL, MEL (current), ZQN
My macbook has been running slow recently. I dont know what is happening. I sent it to an IT office to restore everything but it didnt work. Since I got my macbook, I have watched many movies online which I think seemed to slow my macbook. Since the problem started I havent done much to the macbook, the activity monitor says that Google Chrome is using up to 10% of CPU and there is nothing that is taking up more than that. The internet every 10 minutes just doesn't respond and the pop up comes telling me to kill the pages. The wheel of death appears often after I turn on my computer and keeps going for like 30 seconds. Then when I open something I didn't use like System Preferences or spotlight or the dashboard, the whole laptop freezes and the wheel of death appears again. What is the problem? By the way, my macbook is a 10.7.5 from 2012, 2.5GHz and 4GB

Sounds like a dead HDD.

Time for an SSD upgrade.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.