Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ckar

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 14, 2013
When i download a new app it always shows up on the second screen, i have to swipe to the right and then tap and hold and move the app back to the main screen. Is it normal to always download to another screen? is there a way to get it to download to the first screen (or the least filled screen to the right), but not on a new screen.

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
It doesn't always download on a new page. But it never downloads on the first page. I have two pages of apps, so it always downloads new apps on the second page, even though I have a few empty slots on the first page. If the second page is full, it will download on a third page. If there is a third page even though the second page isn't full, it will still download on the third page.

I think it behaves this way because otherwise, people who have multiple screens might not be able to tell where the new app got downloaded. Why it makes a second page even when the first page isn't full, I don't know. And I don't know any way to change this behavior.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.