Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

roady

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 29, 2014
Hey guys,

Ive been using Airblue Sharing for a while and it's working great.

One thing I noticed is that when I received some songs from someone via bluetooth, they would get added to "Purchases" album on my Music app.

No problem, just that when i decided to go to "All songs" area on the music app and delete it from there, the song name would still be visible and greyed out.

Meaning that I can still see the name of those songs but they are all greyed out.

I decided to delete plist file just to let my iphone start afresh for syncing with itunes .. but it didn't work :(

What is the file that is storing these song names which I can delete?
My phone is jailbroken hence it shouldn't be a problem trying to delete the media database file or whatever.. where these song names are placed.

Moreover, I tried re-adding these exact songs to my phone via itunes. Itunes didn't have any trouble adding back, but my iphone gave an error asking me to check the error on itunes o_O

Also, the songs I added did not show up on my phone.

How do I start afresh? :(

I can't restore my phone due to obv reasons. [using 7.1.1 jailbreak]

EDIT: I had a totally "new" restore kept as a backup in itunes which I cross checked through ibackupbot.
I did restore through this 7mb worth data but I still see the songs :(

Last edited:

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
Hey guys,

Ive been using Airblue Sharing for a while and it's working great.

One thing I noticed is that when I received some songs from someone via bluetooth, they would get added to "Purchases" album on my Music app.

No problem, just that when i decided to go to "All songs" area on the music app and delete it from there, the song name would still be visible and greyed out.

Meaning that I can still see the name of those songs but they are all greyed out.

I decided to delete plist file just to let my iphone start afresh for syncing with itunes .. but it didn't work :(

What is the file that is storing these song names which I can delete?
My phone is jailbroken hence it shouldn't be a problem trying to delete the media database file or whatever.. where these song names are placed.

Moreover, I tried re-adding these exact songs to my phone via itunes. Itunes didn't have any trouble adding back, but my iphone gave an error asking me to check the error on itunes o_O

Also, the songs I added did not show up on my phone.

How do I start afresh? :(

I can't restore my phone due to obv reasons. [using 7.1.1 jailbreak]

EDIT: I had a totally "new" restore kept as a backup in itunes which I cross checked through ibackupbot.
I did restore through this 7mb worth data but I still see the songs :(

Settings -> music -> turn off "show all music"

Not sure of that'll help

Btw, the latest iOS version 7.1.2 is still jailbreakable

roady

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 29, 2014
Yeah I;ve been using that option of disabling show all music. (now it doesn't show anymore)

I don't know how the song names are still there though. I don't think there are actual mp3 files so storage isn't a problem.

I'm sticking with 7.1.1 only as 7.1.2 had some severe battery issues for me :(

From 100% it went to 95% in just 5 mins.

Thanks for the help!

roady

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 29, 2014
lol, those %'s are not diagnostic of battery draining issues.

Haha but like.. the problem was it gave me wrong battery % indication.

FOr instance, after using the phone for 10 mins, the battery would "die" fast.

Let's say that it got to 92% after 10 min usage. When I decided to reboot the phone.. viola! It was back at 99%?

It was driving me crazy :(

nwmtnbiker

macrumors 68000
Apr 5, 2011
Fidalgo Island

Let's say that it got to 92% after 10 min usage. When I decided to reboot the phone.. viola! It was back at 99%?

It's been doing that to me on ios and android since I can remember and that's been many years...

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012

When first removing from the charger overnight, the battery percentage indicator isn't accurate anywhere from 90%-100%

That's from my experience

Carlanga

macrumors 604
Nov 5, 2009

could be that it just needs calibration among many other things ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.