Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

metzy25

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 7, 2011
Do I just turn phot stream on on both devices, and then it will automatically transfer from the iPhone to iPad?

fertilized-egg

macrumors 68020
Dec 18, 2009
Do I just turn phot stream on on both devices, and then it will automatically transfer from the iPhone to iPad?

That's what I do. Just wait and all the pictures will show up in Photostream. You can also beam the picture using iPhoto or use the camera connection kit .

metzy25

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 7, 2011
That's what I do. Just wait and all the pictures will show up in Photostream. You can also beam the picture using iPhoto or use the camera connection kit .

Does it take awhile for it to start transfering?

Caliber26

macrumors 68020
Sep 25, 2009
Orlando, FL
Turning on Photo Stream will not push old pictures into your iPad. This only works for new pictures you take after enabling Photo Stream.

You will need to plug your iPhone to your computer, extract the pictures, and then sync your iPad with that same computer and load the pictures that way. You can even create albums/events on your computer and sync them exactly like that onto your iOS devices.

If that's not an option, you'll have to email them to yourself and download them on the iPad, or try syncing with Dropbox.

Hope this helps. :)

metzy25

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 7, 2011
Turning on Photo Stream will not push old pictures into your iPad. This only works for new pictures you take after enabling Photo Stream.

You will need to plug your iPhone to your computer, extract the pictures, and then sync your iPad with that same computer and load the pictures that way. You can even create albums/events on your computer and sync them exactly like that onto your iOS devices.

If that's not an option, you'll have to email them to yourself and download them on the iPad, or try syncing with Dropbox.

Hope this helps. :)
Awesome! Thank you for the help

Ladybug

macrumors 68000
Apr 13, 2006
I use Photo Transfer app. It uses wifi or Bluetooth to transfer your photos from iPhone, iPad, iPod, computers etc... Even does video.

SoloStyle

macrumors regular
Oct 17, 2011
I use an app called PhotoSync. I love it. It allows me to transfer between iDevices and also my computer, all wirelessly of course. Check it out, you might like it.

100Teraflops

macrumors 6502a
Mar 1, 2011
Elyria, Ohio
If one bought iPhoto, then beaming pictures from one IOS device to another is possible. I used WiFi connection, so I am not sure if it can be accomplish on cellular networks.

Last edited:

MyopicPaideia

macrumors 68020
Mar 19, 2011
Sweden
I've always simply used the camera connection kit, but plugged it into my iPad instead of my Mac.

Did this all the time for home videos and pictures while on vacation for iMovie and because my iPad has 128GB storage.

Anyway, some other great wireless suggestions here too!

ron7624

macrumors 68020
Oct 14, 2011
Houston, Texas area
I use Photo Transfer app. It uses wifi or Bluetooth to transfer your photos from iPhone, iPad, iPod, computers etc... Even does video.

I use a Photo Transfer app as well. It lets you do many different things very easily. I device to computer, idevice to idevice - all with minimal hassle.

Beivieve

macrumors newbie
Aug 4, 2015
Piscataway
Many ways are available for sending photos from iPhone to iPad: AirDrop, iPhoto, Image Capture, Aperture, iCloud Photo Library, Photo Stream, Email and hundreds of iPad data transfer apps.

Trickhot3102

macrumors 6502
Dec 21, 2013
When I got my iPad Air 2, I Air Droped all of my pics and videos from my phone to the iPad. Worked like a charm.

SHirsch999

macrumors 6502a
Apr 19, 2011
Many ways are available for sending photos from iPhone to iPad: AirDrop, iPhoto, Image Capture, Aperture, iCloud Photo Library, Photo Stream, Email and hundreds of iPad data transfer apps.

AirDrop is great for going between iPhones and iPads that support it. I also use an app called Photosync, which can go between iPhones, iPads, as well as laptops or desktops. They all need to be on the same wifi network though.

Reactions: Trickhot3102
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.