Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

skov10

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Hello
I hope anyone can help me.
I have a mac mini with mavericks server installed, it connect to my wireless network, and my airport extreme have a static ip adress with my internet provider. I have a 50/50 mbit connection.
If my internet provider have a crash for 1minutes or more, my server is not online,
I have also a 4g modem with 5 GB monthly, my 4g modem have a static ip adress, and it is connected via usb to my Mavericks server, if it is better, i can bought a wireless 4g router,
is it possible to make a script, there can automate the process to switch from my wireless lan to my 4G connection, if there is problems with my internet provider. After my wireless connection working again, i want to Automatic to switch back to my wireless network connected to my airport extreme.
Thanks in advance.
Best regards
Skov 10

smartmoney

macrumors newbie
Jun 9, 2008
I have similar setup but 3 different wan connections and i use a Mikrotik router first in line (Then my APE) The Mikrotik does all the switching automatically then my APE does all the dhcp and routing. Make sure it has a USB for the 4G (likethe rb750uP) You can pickup a basic one for $50.
I have it setup to use the 4G always for my alarm system and it will divert all network traffic to that if the other 2 wan goes down.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.