Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

EnchantedPlague

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 25, 2011
I am having problems with my SD card that I use in my macbook air for extra storage. I have a 64GB MicroSD card hooked up via a Nifty MiniDrive that I store all my music, videos and pictures on. Every time I plug in a USB device into a USB port on the laptop (whether it be a mouse or a USB thumb drive) the SD card disconnects and reconnects and I get the following message.

Disk Not Ejected Properly
Eject “Macintosh SD” before disconnecting or turning it off

Does anyone else's macbook do this? I am worried about it corrupting my SD from it constantly disconnecting without safely ejecting the card first.

RumorSeeker

macrumors member
Nov 30, 2013
Mine does the same thing

EnchantedPlague, I found your post after I noticed the same behavior with my MacBook Air last night. I attached a USB micro SD card reader and got the message about disk not properly ejected. I thought it had to do with the card reader, but noticed it must be the Nifty after trying the card reader on my iMac with no message. This at least lets you know that you are not alone.

RightMACatU

macrumors 65816
Jul 12, 2012
I had the same problem with a 64GB SanDisk Ultra MicroSD in my Samsung Galaxy S4. I contacted SanDisk and they sent me a replacement. The replacement has worked flawlessly.

My $0.02

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.