Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

snow755

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 12, 2012
Hi

Am think of getting my 1st iPad Mimi 1 not. The newer one. Is the iPad Mimi 1 still a good buy in 2014? I see a lot of people buying them the iPad Mimi 1 will be used for gaming and surfing the web and it will all so be my going out iPad Mimi I still love my iPad Air but I want to some in smaller if am going to get in to the iPad Mimi word I want to give the iPad Mimi 1 a try and if I like it I will upgrade it later on to the iPad Mimi 3 but that will come after my iPad Air 2

So what you guys think of iPad Mimi 1

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
Hi

Am think of getting my 1st iPad Mimi 1 not. The newer one. Is the iPad Mimi 1 still a good buy in 2014? I see a lot of people buying them the iPad Mimi 1 will be used for gaming and surfing the web and it will all so be my going out iPad Mimi I still love my iPad Air but I want to some in smaller if am going to get in to the iPad Mimi word I want to give the iPad Mimi 1 a try and if I like it I will upgrade it later on to the iPad Mimi 3 but that will come after my iPad Air 2

So what you guys think of iPad Mimi 1
I can't speak for iPad Mimi, as i've never met her. :D However, I can say that I still use the original iPad mini and find no noticeable difference between it and the new iPad mini retina. I've been very pleased with it and it has replaced 85-90% of my need for a computer.

Rodster

macrumors 68040
May 15, 2007
I recently bought a 1st Gen mini for $199 and returned it. I wanted to like it but the screen and overall performance was lacking.

CEmajr

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
Charlotte, NC
It still works well. Of course the Retina Mini is just better in every way but my iPad Mini (non-retina) still gets the job done for now. I'm not really a gamer, use mine for reading eBooks, web surfing, email, and such.

Though I've been scouring my local craigslist ads for a retina mini lately mainly because I just want the crisper screen and I know around this time of the year people are selling theirs for pretty low prices.

Voodoofreak

macrumors regular
Jul 7, 2012
Don't get it. I would recommend investing a bit more on the 2nd gen. It's lacking performance. I use it mainly for note taking at work and book reading. When I run games like Injustice, you can tell it is struggling.

snow755

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 12, 2012
Congradulations. I loved my original Mini, and after I upgraded, I was sorry that I did. It is a worthy device. Enjoy!!

Thankes I will upgrade when the iPad Mimi 3 comes out in tell then the iPad Mimi 1 will do this fine for what I need it for all so I will be upgrading my iPad Air to iPad Air 2 that's 1st then comes the iPad Mimi

Meister

Suspended
Oct 10, 2013
If you want to play games or work with visual media get the newest iPad.
For everything else (emails, browsing, media consumption, iwork, office,...) the ipad mini is more than fine.

snow755

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 12, 2012
Keep this in mind the 1st gen iPad mini is running over 3.5 year old hardware.

So true. But for what I need it for is this fine

Can't wait for Mimi 3

Am the kind of nut that don't like waiting for new stuff to come out and has long has my bills are all up date whe. I have $ it burns a hole in my poket can I really help it ? Nop it what I do best

ron7624

macrumors 68020
Oct 14, 2011
Houston, Texas area
Thankes I will upgrade when the iPad Mimi 3 comes out in tell then the iPad Mimi 1 will do this fine for what I need it for all so I will be upgrading my iPad Air to iPad Air 2 that's 1st then comes the iPad Mimi

I plan to upgrade both as well, but the mini will be the first since I use it the most. I doubt I'll go for the newest iPad rumored to be larger than the Air at 12.9 inches.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 76
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.