Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today seeded Mavericks 10.9.5 build 13F24 to developers, just over a week after seeding the fourth OS X 10.9.5 beta, build 13F18, and more than a month after releasing OS X 10.9.4 to the public.

The beta is available through the Software Update mechanism in the Mac App Store and through the Mac Developer Center.

build13f24.jpg
It is unclear what improvements the 10.9.5 update will bring to Mavericks, but it is likely to include bug fixes and stability enhancements. Apple is asking developers to focus on USB, USB Smart Cards, Graphics, Safari, Thunderbolt, and Gatekeeper.

Along with working on improvements to Mavericks, Apple is also beta testing OS X Yosemite, which is due to be released in the fall. The last Mavericks update, 10.9.4, added several Wi-Fi fixes and improved wake from sleep reliability.

Article Link: Apple Seeds OS X Mavericks 10.9.5 Build 13F24 to Developers

namethisfile

macrumors 65816
Jan 17, 2008
i'm dreadfully looking forward to this update, as well. i hope "stability fixes" include NVRM/Read Error/GPUPanic Kernel Panic issues associated with Mid-2010 MBP's w/ the Nvidia GT330m.

I will be holding my breath.

Eithanius

macrumors 68000
Nov 19, 2005
i'm dreadfully looking forward to this update, as well. i hope "stability fixes" include NVRM/Read Error/GPUPanic Kernel Panic issues associated with Mid-2010 MBP's w/ the Nvidia GT330m.

I will be holding my breath.

Nope... that is hardware issue...

MacsRgr8

macrumors G3
Sep 8, 2002
The Netherlands
I still prefer Mavericks as an environment

You do now, but not in about two months.

As usual, many will start bashing the new release of OS X, but most will happily enjoying the new features of Yosemite, and a few months from now, no-one will be looking back to Mavericks.

Anyone still on the BEST Mac OS X Snow Leopard..?:rolleyes:

Detektiv-Pinky

macrumors 6502a
Feb 25, 2006
Berlin, Germany

<snip>

I just upgraded from Snow Leopards a few months ago. I had no use of any of the features of Mavericks. As it stands I spend several days disabling the most annoying things like AutoSave, Versions and Message Center.

It was the simple fact that Apple stopped to issue security updates for the OS that forced me to switch. I am not looking forward to switch OS again soon...

dyrer

macrumors member
Feb 24, 2010
Greece

As usual, many will start bashing the new release of OS X, but most will happily enjoying the new features of Yosemite, and a few months from now, no-one will be looking back to Mavericks.

I cant disagree with you
You have a point but is the first time, am not very excited for upcoming new OSX version.
Maybe later in Oct ;)

peteg23

macrumors newbie
Jun 20, 2014
The Finder still sucks.

Please put a little effort into the speed of the finder over SMB connections. Simplify it or give us the ability to put it into a "light" mode.

Finder is bloated and has too many things happening in the background.

Finder over VPN is not even usable, even on fast connections to any flavor of SMB server.

djtech42

macrumors 65816
Jun 23, 2012
Mason, OH
Which beta, Apple did not release an OS X 10.9 Mavericks beta!

They do with Yosemite 10.10.

(And the Original 10.0 beta)

I'm talking about this 10.9.5 build. They released 10.9.4 to members of the OS X Beta program before it was released. They do pre-release updates for Mavericks, not just Yosemite.

Tzegenos

macrumors newbie
Aug 27, 2014

You should bring your laptop to the Apple Store and maybe they are going to change for you the GPU card for free. I had the same issue and I went to the local apple retail and they changed for me free. And I am not having any issues from that time.

namethisfile

macrumors 65816
Jan 17, 2008
You should bring your laptop to the Apple Store and maybe they are going to change for you the GPU card for free. I had the same issue and I went to the local apple retail and they changed for me free. And I am not having any issues from that time.

Yeah, I'm debating whether I should go through the hassle of it all. I have already gone to the Apple Store in April of this year to have my MBP checked out. It failed the VST diagnostic and they quoted me a price. I couldn't afford it so I left.

I could insist, but, insisting is of poor taste. Or I could luck out and perhaps, they will do it for free this time. But, I am still wary how a new but the same GPU could magically cure the issue. And then, of course, a new, different issue could arise down the road, especially since Apple no longer manufactures these logic boards and I would have to go thru it all again without the assurance that the next swap will also be free or if there will be a fee the second time around. sort of like, the first one is free and the second one is not sort of thing. i think that is a street saying dealing with stuff not electronic.

I wish apple would give you your old logic board when they replace it with a new one so, in case, the new one fails down the road, one has the old LB as backup.

coolfactor

macrumors 604
Jul 29, 2002
Vancouver, BC
I'm really looking forward release. I just hope it will fix USB "External Disk was not Ejected Properly" error.

Nope, that requires the user (you) to stop pulling the plug on the External Disk without first unmounting the volume from the file system. :p

----------

Please put a little effort into the speed of the finder over SMB connections. Simplify it or give us the ability to put it into a "light" mode.

Finder is bloated and has too many things happening in the background.

Finder over VPN is not even usable, even on fast connections to any flavor of SMB server.

I wholeheartedly agree with this. The Finder is a very neglected application on OS X. Puzzles me how it passes Apple's super high standards.

OldMacUser

macrumors member
Jan 10, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
Nope, that requires the user (you) to stop pulling the plug on the External Disk without first unmounting the volume from the file system. :p

I have this error occurring repeatedly with a USB3 disk enclosure and it is not because of "pulling the plug" - the drive will randomly disconnect when attempting to write data to the disk.

Randomly in the sense that it can write 2GB of data, then disconnect, OR on another attempt, it will write about 500MB of data then disconnect.

Virtualshift

macrumors newbie
Aug 27, 2014
I had that same problem once. Try changing your USB cord, that fixed it right up for me and I haven't had that problem sense then

Mr. Retrofire

macrumors 603
Mar 2, 2010
www.emiliana.cl/en

Attachments

• USB3CAB2M_1.png
    USB3CAB2M_1.png
    126 KB · Views: 196
  • USB3CAB2M_2.png
    USB3CAB2M_2.png
    100.7 KB · Views: 188
  • USB3CAB2M_3.png
    USB3CAB2M_3.png
    84.3 KB · Views: 203

leo.andres.21

macrumors regular
Oct 14, 2008
Centre of the Attention
I really like Handoff and Continuity but my 2011 MacBook is not gonna be able to do that, and I can't afford to upgrade (buying the MBP already bankrupted me the first time). I will continue to run Mavericks as my main OS. But as a tech geek, I like new things, so I will play around on Yosemite once in a while on a separate partition. :cool:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.