Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

KevinRightWing

macrumors 6502
Jul 15, 2007
Houston TX
I loved the ability to play game boy advance on the gamecube. I wish nintendo we create a ds/3ds player for the wii u. It was awesome last time and it would increase sales.

Jovian9

macrumors 68000
Feb 19, 2003
Planet Zebes
I loved the ability to play game boy advance on the gamecube. I wish nintendo we create a ds/3ds player for the wii u. It was awesome last time and it would increase sales.

Oh yes. That would be awesome!!!! Or at least let the 3DS send it's games to the WiiU somehow for streaming.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
Oh yes. That would be awesome!!!! Or at least let the 3DS send it's games to the WiiU somehow for streaming.
I've been crossing my fingers for ages that Nintendo will release an updated Gamepad that has a slot in it for DS/3DS games. Bonus points for supporting 3DTVs.

You just made my day! This better come to the US too, though.

£11 for the DLC bundle in the UK, $12 (or 13) for the US. It's pretty neat! It's basically giving us 50% more content for the game for a real nice price.

adn rcd dly

macrumors 6502
Nov 23, 2004
Salt Lake City, UT
I just wanted to provide a few pennies of thought. My older brother has one and it is loads of fun to play stuff as a family. My niece is a riot to play Mario Kart (7 and 8) with. And the new Mario games themselves are super cool :cool:

Liberty.

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2008
Agreed. This season pass stuff and teeny-tiny DLC updates for lots of money is just aggravating for me, a gamer since the Atari days. $12 for this huge Mario Kart update is great. Love it!!!!!
I remember when they released Oblivion horse armor DLC and everyone went nuts. Now look at the current situation. Its worse.

Jovian9

macrumors 68000
Feb 19, 2003
Planet Zebes
I just saw that!

I also have a $40 rewards certificate to use making it $235.

I dont think I can beat that price.

Should I go 3DMario World or Super Marios U bundle?

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/wii-u/wii-u-consoles/pcmcat274600050016.c?id=pcmcat274600050016

Here's my opinion on those two games for you to choose from on your bundled set:

SMWiiU feels a lot more like the older mario games. IE: NES, SNES. The difficulty factor is up there too.

3D World is definitely more accessible as a game and follows in the line of the N64 version and onward.

The SMWiiU is more of a sit and play through by yourself type game. Though my kids play it too, we rotate. It especially has the Super Mario World (from SNES) vibe to it.

3D World is a great multi-player/family game. I play this one more with my kids and wife. The more my kids die the easier the game gets as it adds in some "super-mushroom" like items that make you invincible to all things but falling off the ledges. So after my kids die a bunch they start adding these in and my kids can play along well.

So do you want a more difficult game to finish and spend more time playing it by yourself (SMWiiU) or do you want a more simple game to play through and play it a lot with the family/friends (3D World)?

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
See you say that, but I found the difficulty in 3D World really explodes later on! Just before the final world it goes up and the bonus ones I'm finding near-impossible!

New Mario is easier to play, I think, but it doesn't ever get too hard.
3D World has a friendlier veneer but my god once you get into it they ramp it up!
LuigiU is nuts. I'll be lucky if I beat that.

Can't go wrong with either. I played both from start to finish (all levels but not 100% all collectibles) in 2-3 player co-op.

Cnasty

macrumors 68040
Jul 2, 2008
Great review and really helps

I was leaning towards 3d Mario as it has some amazing reviews and looks so good.

Cnasty

macrumors 68040
Jul 2, 2008
Actually, Best Buy has them this week for $275...

I am probably closer than I have been but also with black Friday right around the corner I may hold out.

We cant predict the future but I would think they would have some good packages and prices for the Wii U. Not sure what they did last black Friday for the system.

Decisions, decisions...

gkarris

macrumors G3
Dec 31, 2004
"No escape from Reality...”
I am probably closer than I have been but also with black Friday right around the corner I may hold out.

We cant predict the future but I would think they would have some good packages and prices for the Wii U. Not sure what they did last black Friday for the system.

Decisions, decisions...

Nintendo introduced the Mario/Luigi bundle and Target gave a $50 gift card with it...

twietee

macrumors 603
Jan 24, 2012
sooooo...anybody going to get this? played the demo?

get

I haven't and not sure I'm really interested myself, too many games I can't play, but defo looks good.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
sooooo...anybody going to get this? played the demo?

I haven't and not sure I'm really interested myself, too many games I can't play, but defo looks good.

It's surprisingly good! I went into it expecting some kind of Zelda-em-up, but it's just an arcade button masher that's insanely fun to play. I'll be picking it up but not just yet.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.