Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

glocke12

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 7, 2008
I don't get this. For the past 6 weeks icloud has been disabling my account and forcing me to reset my password at least every other week.

Is anyone else having this issue? I have gone through 4-5 different passwords during this time.

At first I thought it was because not all of my macs (iphone, ipad, macmini, bmp and imac) were all synced up with the new password, but the last time this happened I changed the password for iclould on all my devices the same afternoon, but last night this happened again out of the blue. I got messages appearing on all my idevices at pretty much the same time saying my account was disabled due to passsword issues.

WTF is going on? It is getting pretty irritating. Anyone else have this issue???

DESNOS

macrumors 6502
Aug 24, 2011
I have not had this issue, but clearly Apple must be doing something on their end, so it's likely they know. 1-800-MY-APPLE.

Crkwolf

macrumors newbie
Dec 31, 2008
California
Similiar

Yesterday I was using my email just fine then all of a sudden, I'm being told that my icloud password is invalid and now I'm disabled for security reasons. I tried to reset the password but it's not acknowledging my birthdate as being correct when in fact I do know my birthdate. At a loss what I can do. I guess there's a possibility that I got hacked, but for some reason, I'm just not buying that.....yet.

clcnyc

macrumors 6502
Jan 6, 2004
NYC
Same thing just happened to me

WTF indeed!!!

I just got off the phone with Apple. They seem to have no idea why my email did that or why I was suddenly locked out of mail (I have a mac.com mobile me acct) and iCloud. I had to go to iforgot.apple.com and reset my password. Had to change it on my iPhone and iPad and my Mac. The password I had for so many years, gone. How annoying!

And it did happen suddenly to me, too. I was using my iPad and Mac all day, and out of nowhere got the message that my account was disabled for security reasons.

glocke12

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 7, 2008
Anyone else have this issue? I just tried resetting my password and I am still locked out.

Unfortunately calling apple is not an option for me due to my work schedule.

jastolzer

macrumors newbie
Jun 7, 2012
Icloud Password pain

I am having the same trouble. Ironically my .mac mail is being delivered to gmail (I forwarded all .mac mail to gmail when I had this problem two weeks ago) so am able to read them but I have to respond from my gmail account. This is such pain. Of course if I want support on this from Apple I have to sign into my account--which I can't do unless I change my password (again) which means changing it on 7 devices! wtf? Im guessing I should bail on icloud and move to the google cloud and mail for good.

any suggestions? help!

theteeth

macrumors member
Nov 4, 2010
Same thing, just started today. Every service on every device is telling me my user name or password are wrong. Hasn't changed in years. Even trying to login on apple.com it's telling me wrong password.

bunger

macrumors 6502
Mar 1, 2007
Add me to the list. Same Apple ID password for years and it got locked for security reasons 2 days ago. Changed the password on everything and it just locked again today. WTF?!?

This actually raises a question: I have 2 iPhones, 3 iPads, 2 Macs, and 4 Apple TVs. If I didn't change the password on one of them, could that device be trying to connect to iCloud with the old password and locking out my account?

Catonow

macrumors regular
Jun 7, 2007
USA
This happens to me every few weeks, it seems. Started happening again on Friday night, still going on today (Sunday). First shows up as a message telling me that I cannot log into iCloud because I'm using the wrong password (despite my being absolutely positive I'm using the right one). Does it on all my devices (iPhone, iPad, MacBook).

Then, if I try to log into my Apple or iTunes account, tells me my password is wrong, asks me to reset it. I went through the process of changing it once in response to this, and it started working again. But a few weeks later, the whole cycle recurs (iCloud rejecting password, also Apple and iTunes accounts).

After a day, or two, or three, the old password usually starts working again. But during that period, I can't download or update anything from iTunes, and iCloud doesn't work properly. This is extremely frustrating. I suspect it's an issue with iCloud, but I don't know what.

I refuse to keep changing my password every few weeks. Clearly something haywire is going on here. I bet this is happening to more people than me. I wish there were some explanation, or at least that Apple would tell us what's going on. (I called them once, they said they didn't know.)

AlisterS

macrumors newbie
Dec 17, 2013
Same here...

It reset my password yesterday, and again today... Have to do iForgot, create a _third_ password - been using the first one for a long time - and enter it again into mail, messages, contacts etc...

Sucks :-(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.