Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AppleDApp

macrumors 68020
Jun 21, 2011
I'm not familiar with that particular model but Seiko 5's are a pretty safe bet for a reliable decent watch. I've got an SNK809 which has been very reliable. It will have a sweeping second hand.

Sounds good the price is right too. I'm just worried the case is too small. My Suunto currently seems to have a 45mm case.

MacRy

macrumors 601
Apr 2, 2004
England
Sounds good the price is right too. I'm just worried the case is too small. My Suunto currently seems to have a 45mm case.

I'm guessing it's going to be in the 36mm-38mm arena, which is small for a contemporary watch. Depends what you like really though. I have a relatively small wrist so I won't go above 42mm and will happily wear 36mm watches. It's up to you whether you are comfortable with a smaller watch.

ThisIsNotMe

Suspended
Aug 11, 2008
Picked up a new toy this afternoon.
E2Vx77e.jpg

Vogue Harper

macrumors 6502
Nov 16, 2008
Serenity
Wanted to add a diver's watch to the collection and didn't want the rather ubiquitous Submariner. In any event not really sure I wanted to spend that much money on a watch that I would not use fully for its intended purpose.

So I got this, Tudor Heritage Black Bay. Essentially a Rolex in all but movement (this has an ETA movement as opposed to a Rolex in-house movement) and, in turn, price (significantly cheaper than the equivalent Submariner). For a long time, Tudors were hard to buy but now they are making a comeback with some really nice new releases including the referenced Black Bay and the Pelagos and officially opening stores in countries including the US and the UK where previously they had not.

Attachments

• DSCF1560 (Resized).jpg
    DSCF1560 (Resized).jpg
    927.2 KB · Views: 148

Philgr

macrumors regular
Jul 27, 2005
Lakes - UK
My Collection
Maratec Pilot
Tw Steel
Omega Seamaster Chrono
Tag Heure Kirium Chrono
Mandatory G-Shock

Attachments

• IMG_0670.jpg
    IMG_0670.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 120
  • IMG_0671.jpg
    IMG_0671.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 100
  • IMG_0672.jpg
    IMG_0672.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 120
  • IMG_0673.jpg
    IMG_0673.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 106
  • IMG_0674.jpg
    IMG_0674.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 110

velo

Suspended
Dec 5, 2008
Wanted to add a diver's watch to the collection and didn't want the rather ubiquitous Submariner. In any event not really sure I wanted to spend that much money on a watch that I would not use fully for its intended purpose.

So I got this, Tudor Heritage Black Bay. Essentially a Rolex in all but movement (this has an ETA movement as opposed to a Rolex in-house movement) and, in turn, price (significantly cheaper than the equivalent Submariner). For a long time, Tudors were hard to buy but now they are making a comeback with some really nice new releases including the referenced Black Bay and the Pelagos and officially opening stores in countries including the US and the UK where previously they had not.

Love that Black Bay, the bezel colour really makes it.

ocabj

macrumors 6502a
Jul 2, 2009

For anyone wanting a dive watch, but not a Sub, I think the slickest option is a Blancpain Fifty Fathoms Bathyscaphe. http://www.hodinkee.com/blog/blancpain-fifty-fathoms-review

cdcastillo

macrumors 68000
Dec 22, 2007
The cesspit of civilization
Same watch, new pic

I just took another photo of my Tissot perpetual calendar and my Meisterstück Edgar Allan Poe limited edition fountain pen. They seem to get along just well.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    437.2 KB · Views: 96

ipodlover77

macrumors 65816
Jan 17, 2009
That Christopher Ward is gorgeous.

My two I wear most often:

I loved my SKX007 when I had it. Unfortunately, the thickness of the watch is noticeable. Which is weird because from certain angles, it looks relatively thin.

Maybe I should've gotten the skx031.

----------

Really grew a hankering for those - The AT Golf and Railmasters may trump it for my next piece though.

Very nice choice!!!! I absolutely hated the scalloped bezel though.

ipodlover77

macrumors 65816
Jan 17, 2009
25ksg07.jpg

My fathers 20 year old DJ. I usually find gold watches a bit garish but absolutely love my fathers watch. Might be biased though from growing up and seeing it on his wrist for so many years. Cross my fingers he passes it down to me!

Sorry for the poor angle. I was taking pictures to show how nicely the polish came out.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.