Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacNut

macrumors Core
Original poster
Jan 4, 2002
CT
We did this last year and it was a huge success, well for me at least as I won! :p

I have activated a new league this season. The rules are simple. Each week you pick a team you think will win. It's that easy. But if you lose don't worry you are not out. The team with the most wins at the end of the season is the champion so don't give up if you lose a game.

Here is the link to join, the password is Rumors. http://games.espn.go.com/nfl-eliminator-challenge/2014/en/group?groupID=26271

MacNut

macrumors Core
Original poster
Jan 4, 2002
CT
There is still time to join if you haven't already. You have until the start of the first game on Thursday night.

MacNut

macrumors Core
Original poster
Jan 4, 2002
CT
When are we going to be able to select our teams?
You can make picks when ever you like. You can pick a team once. So be sure to find the best matchup each week. The picks lock right before each team plays. So if you want Seattle or Green Bay this week you have to lock it in by game time Thursday night.

HarryPot

macrumors 65816
Sep 5, 2009
You can make picks when ever you like. You can pick a team once. So be sure to find the best matchup each week. The picks lock right before each team plays. So if you want Seattle or Green Bay this week you have to lock it in by game time Thursday night.

Thanks!

I hadn't realised that before being able to pick my teams I first had to invite friends to ESPN. :rolleyes:

I selected Skip This.:cool:

lunaoso

macrumors 65816
Sep 22, 2012
Boston, MA
I forgot to post, I joined awhile ago. So I'm in! I think I was 3rd last year if my memory serves correctly.

MacNut

macrumors Core
Original poster
Jan 4, 2002
CT
Just a reminder, you have until just before kickoff tomorrow night to sign up. The league will lock at kickoff. You can still make week 1 picks up until the start of your teams selected game. Once the game starts you cannot select that team or change your pick.

You can select all 17 weeks at once or pick as you go. You also have to option to change picks up until kickoff of each game.

mscriv

macrumors 601
Aug 14, 2008
Dallas, Texas
I chose the Eagles over the Jags and had to sweat a little, but luckily the Eagles figured it out in the second half!

Same here. At halftime I was thinking to myself, "Seriously, I'm going to be out of the challenge week 1!" :eek: It was the Jags who ended my streak last year so getting burned by them again was really irking me. :mad:

Peace

Cancelled
Apr 1, 2005
Space The Only Frontier
Same here. At halftime I was thinking to myself, "Seriously, I'm going to be out of the challenge week 1!" :eek: It was the Jags who ended my streak last year so getting burned by them again was really irking me. :mad:

Knowing Chip Kelly like I do and knowing the Oregon Ducks like I do that game didn't surprise me at all.

The ducks play that way all the time. They start out all goofy then slowly steam their way to the end zone.

The Eagles will do that a lot more this season.

#GOHAWKS

MacNut

macrumors Core
Original poster
Jan 4, 2002
CT
So my streak has ended. :( Stupid Saints. How can you not beat the Browns. :mad:

stubeeef

macrumors 68030
Aug 10, 2004
well joined up for fun, only got to pick monday nights game so no matter what I'm way behind-is there a rumors fantasy team too?

mscriv

macrumors 601
Aug 14, 2008
Dallas, Texas
This year I'm trying to play it as safe as possible. From what I'm reading about Eliminator challenges most advise against not taking chances until you absolutely have to do so. Of course, with the NFL any team can win and upsets are routine so there's never a sure thing.

The Broncos seemed the best bet to me this weekend and they delivered a win. :)

Edit:

Wow, I just checked the group page and there are only 6 of us left in it already. :eek: If QOS picks wrong tonight then only 5 will be left undefeated. This season has started off pretty crazy.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.