Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

matthew2926

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 13, 2013
Michigan
I have read multiple articles and threads on other fourms and none of them are very clear. Is it possible to upgrade the iPod Video (5.5th gen) 30GB to a 2,000mah battery by some means? If so, can someone provide links to the parts that I would need? Thanks in advance!

repentix

macrumors regular
May 26, 2013
Be sure to check out the head-fi thread on ipod modding, that's where I found out about this!

matthew2926

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 13, 2013
Michigan
Be sure to check out the head-fi thread on ipod modding, that's where I found out about this!

Nevermind, I found the head-fi thread. Anyways, I ordered the 2000mah battery and it finally got here but after installing I found that it wouldn't fit with the thick back that I also ordered. The case of the iPod would not close. Is there anything that you recommend? I also have a Tarkan iFlash in there with the CF to SD adapter and a 64GB SD card. Not sure if this matters.

BoxsterRS

macrumors regular
Jul 13, 2010
I also bought a 2,000 mah battery from ebay, I am hoping it is the culprit of my iPod problems (wont charge and or connect to iTunes unless the headphone port is used by a headphone but battery died on me) iPod Videos are cool, do what they where made for listen to music and hold a lot of music. I want to keep it alive, I made another post or thread trying to resolve this issue but noone has replied. I have also looked under search this forum for head-fi but can not find it.

repentix

macrumors regular
May 26, 2013
I also bought a 2,000 mah battery from ebay, I am hoping it is the culprit of my iPod problems (wont charge and or connect to iTunes unless the headphone port is used by a headphone but battery died on me) iPod Videos are cool, do what they where made for listen to music and hold a lot of music. I want to keep it alive, I made another post or thread trying to resolve this issue but noone has replied. I have also looked under search this forum for head-fi but can not find it.

Head-fi is a totally separate Website! Just google it.

----------

Nevermind, I found the head-fi thread. Anyways, I ordered the 2000mah battery and it finally got here but after installing I found that it wouldn't fit with the thick back that I also ordered. The case of the iPod would not close. Is there anything that you recommend? I also have a Tarkan iFlash in there with the CF to SD adapter and a 64GB SD card. Not sure if this matters.

Ask on head-fi, the percentage of people who have done this to their ipod is higher there, I am sure they can give you better advice than me, as I have not yet done this to my ipod video. Did you order the back together with the battery?

BoxsterRS

macrumors regular
Jul 13, 2010

----------

Ask on head-fi, the percentage of people who have done this to their ipod is higher there, I am sure they can give you better advice than me, as I have not yet done this to my ipod video. Did you order the back together with the battery?

Just the battery, I have not searched If U2 signed back plates are available.

matthew2926

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 13, 2013
Michigan

----------

No, I ordered the back separate.

----------

While you have your iPod opened, you might as well convert it to flash memory and possibly upgrade it with Tarkan's iFlash adapter. If you have the extra money, I highly recommend this upgrade/mod.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.