Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gosujc

macrumors newbie
Aug 21, 2014
Man this is such a good deal.

I really wanna buy it for $749 but I'm not sure whether or not the new Macbook Air will come out.

Should I wait for it, or should I spend the money while the deal is so good right now?

EDIT:
Also just gave best buy a call, the current $850 price point might possibly change on Saturday. The representative just said that the price might change or it might not.

Last edited:

dmk1974

macrumors 68020
Sep 16, 2008
I bought one of these for my wife tonight. Great deal! After tax and the 10% I'll get back in RZ certs, it's a net of $728 for me. Never bought any brand new MacBook of any kind for that cheap...will serve her well.

jetjaguar

macrumors 68040
Apr 6, 2009
somewhere
was thinking of buying one and selling my iMac .. all i need to do is browse the web .. make some excel spreadsheets .. etc

jerbear92

macrumors newbie
May 31, 2014
Far Cheaper Than $749

Last I checked, you can still get the 10% coupons through the post office. That lowers the cost down to 687.50 + tax. Additionally, Best Buy credit card has 10% rewards points right now, so you would get $68 in rewards.

AnotherBrian

macrumors regular
Jun 29, 2010
Macbook Air

I just bought one from Best Buy and I really like this machine it's no slouch, I have installed photoshop so I will have to test it out a little more.

frozenflourish

macrumors member
Nov 1, 2008
Deal is done and over with. Very sad - I was trying to figure out how to do my student discount online and never was able to. Can't get anyone to help.
Bye bye, best buy deal.

JPIndustrie

macrumors 6502a
Mar 12, 2008
Queens, NY
Deal is done and over with. Very sad - I was trying to figure out how to do my student discount online and never was able to. Can't get anyone to help.
Bye bye, best buy deal.

stay tuned it will fluctuate again...

the 11" is available again for 824.99 just like i paid the week before last - D'OH

l.i. bruce fan

macrumors member
Oct 5, 2012
Bye bye, best buy deal.

Deal is almost back as of 9/1, sale price is now $899 on MBA 13, student discount is still $100.

Not as good as $849 sale price of two weeks ago though, anybody have any insight on whether that deal may come back soon?

Handle

macrumors regular
Apr 16, 2013
Deal is almost back as of 9/1, sale price is now $899 on MBA 13, student discount is still $100.

Not as good as $849 sale price of two weeks ago though, anybody have any insight on whether that deal may come back soon?

As I mentioned earlier in the thread, during the time it was $849 it also went up to $899. A few days later it went back down and I bought it

The point is that you should check it everyday because it might go down for just one day.

sracer

macrumors G4
Apr 9, 2010
where hip is spoken
As I mentioned earlier in the thread, during the time it was $849 it also went up to $899. A few days later it went back down and I bought it

The point is that you should check it everyday because it might go down for just one day.
This is the correct answer.

It's a bit of a scavenger hunt and wonder if it is a deliberate approach by Best Buy to drive more traffic to their site.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.