Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Following its leak of photos showing the iPhone 6 logic board that have revealed the device's NFC chip and 16 GB of storage, luxury modified iPhone vendor Feld & Volk [Instagram page] has now shared some photos and a video showing the device in operation and booting to a black screen requesting the user to connect the device to iTunes.

Feld & Volk says it has been able to piece together this iPhone from various components it has obtained as part of its effort to build its own luxury version of the iPhone 6 for its customers, and remarkably enough, the device is at least capable of turning on.

iphone_6_recovery.jpg
While it seems surprising that a functional iPhone 6 could be built from individual components, Feld & Volk has demonstrated that it has been able to get its hands on rare parts, and thus it is possible they may have acquired everything necessary to build the device.

iphone_6_parts_assembled.jpg

Article Link: iPhone 6 Built From Parts Apparently Shown Booting to 'Connect to iTunes' Screen

TheKrs1

macrumors 6502
Apr 11, 2010
The company received two letters from Apple shortly thereafter.

1. A cease and desist.
2. Questions about how they solved the problem with the XXXXX manufacturing step.

marvz

macrumors 65816
Aug 27, 2012
Berlin
Looks legit. But the display resolution seems to be worse compared to the 5s and the iTunes logos aren't the same and a strange gear?!
Perhaps they used not the real display panel and/or this iPhone 6 is not running iOS (used just another CPU?)? At the end of the video when the 'connect to iTunes' screen is shown the lightning connector does not start at the bottom of the display like on the 5s.. who knows :rolleyes:

Chrjy

macrumors 65816
May 19, 2010
UK
That iPhone 6 screen looks incredibly bright in comparison to the iPhone 5...

robeddie

Suspended
Jul 21, 2003
Atlanta
Honestly... who the hell cares?!? Good grief in a few short months this phone will be everywhere. Don't get all this geeking out over this part or that part or whether someone can turn on a makeshift iPhone or not, etc. As William Shatner once famously said "Come on people, get a life!".

HPLouis

macrumors regular
Nov 12, 2010
I have to say, it looks good. I thought I wouldn't like it, based on the leaked parts, but, seeing it in the hand, it looks good.

Traverse

macrumors 604
Mar 11, 2013
Here
Very interesting. I don't love the design, I liked the box design, but nothing stays the same forever.

Annoying music though!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.