Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rdlink

macrumors 68040
Nov 10, 2007
Out of the Reach of the FBI
Not excited about the power/standby/wake button being on the side. I have used a GS4 for some testing at work, and I hate that location. Makes it far too easy to inadvertently put the screen to sleep. Ugh.

AngerDanger

Graphics
Staff member
Dec 9, 2008
Honestly... who the hell cares?!? Good grief in a few short months this phone will be everywhere. Don't get all this geeking out over this part or that part or whether someone can turn on a makeshift iPhone or not, etc. As William Shatner once famously said "Come on people, get a life!".

Erm, I think you came to the wrong site to rant about people "geeking out" over potential iPhone/Apple product pieces.

Bahroo

macrumors 68000
Jul 21, 2012
Wow i cant wait lmao. Is it just me or does the iPhone 6 screen look alot better already?! Like the detail and blueness of the itunes symbol ( i know the brightness is higher up on the i6 but still) looks like deeper blacks and even better colors, looks almost OLED like (i know it isnt coming with OLED im just saying)

Curious to know what upgrades they did to the screen , sept 9th!

LinksAwakener

macrumors regular
May 31, 2011
Wow...if they legitimately built one from parts, I'm completely impressed. It's totally sketchy, but if true, kudos.

AngerDanger

Graphics
Staff member
Dec 9, 2008
So there at the end (about :56) where they show two models side by side both seeking an internet connection: is that a 4.7" and 5.5" side by side and functional to that point? The smaller one doesn't look like a 5s.

If you look at the volume buttons on the smaller model, they're rounded, so we can assume that's the 6 next to the 5S.

XTheLancerX

macrumors 68000
Aug 20, 2014
NY, USA
Well, I'm pretty sure it's not running any form of iOS, I can say that much. That gear icon is completely foreign, and the lightning cable at that "Connect to iTunes" doesn't correctly reach the bottom of the display.

Not excited about the power/standby/wake button being on the side. I have used a GS4 for some testing at work, and I hate that location. Makes it far too easy to inadvertently put the screen to sleep. Ugh.

I have a Galaxy S4, and the location of the button itself doesn't really bother me. It's the quality of the button. That button is hella easy to press down, it doesn't really even click for me. My friends Galaxy S4 is the same.

So I am sure this will have more quality, you can slightly run your hand along that side without turning off the screen, unlike my Galaxy S4.

And with the crazy tallness for this phone's display size, everyone would most likely be crying about how they have to reach up so far to turn off the screen.

Last edited:

cariacou

macrumors 6502a
Jul 21, 2010
Very impressive !!

This is my favorite post on macrumors since the iphone 4s found in a bar

iMerik

macrumors 6502a
May 3, 2011
Upper Midwest
These leaks are getting out of hand. I might avoid MacRumors until the 9th.
Isn't this the purpose of Macrumors? I mean, people want them to draw the line on not posting anything that's not rumor-ish and then some folks don't want to see actual links. So the site is stick with only posting what analysts think might come out?

mdmt619

macrumors member
Jun 25, 2006
Isn't the DFU iTunes icon red in iOS8? I'm not sure why the iPhone 6 would be running iOS7...

RyanFromQA

macrumors member
May 15, 2008
what the heck is that gear icon at 0:43? That is not seen anywhere in iOS. I think its a fake.

I would wager that's a post-manufacturing screen displayed before any firmware has been flashed to the logic board. Notice how quick it was? It was like a bios post, followed by a prompt to initially flash the device.

That might also explain why the image displayed appears to stop above where the screen should extend. If you look at the 5s, the cable in the image on screen extends almost to the home button. But on the "6", it stops well above that, giving the illusion that it has a huge bottom bezel, which we already know is about the same size as the 5s.

It's possible that the initial boot displays in lower resolution, or that they tried to flash a 5s ipsw onto the phone, causing it to display in lower resolution.

Paddle1

macrumors 601
May 1, 2013
Well, I'm pretty sure it's not running any form of iOS, I can say that much. That gear icon is completely foreign, and the lightning cable at that "Connect to iTunes" doesn't correctly reach the bottom of the display.

It could be that the iTunes screen is not optimized for iPhone 6.

aziatiklover

macrumors 68030
Jul 12, 2011
8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4
it's in DFU mode! :p

kermit+smoking.jpg

It is in recovery mode. DFU would have a black screen.

Dis!

nagromme

macrumors G5
May 2, 2002
This shows where Apple truly shines. It's not just about parts. The parts have to be the right size to fit together. Forget that step (like so many competitors) and you don't have a phone, you have bag with parts in it.

AngerDanger

Graphics
Staff member
Dec 9, 2008
what the heck is that gear icon at 0:43? That is not seen anywhere in iOS. I think its a fake.

Of course it's not in iOS; this appears to be an OS-less phone with only firmware to boot from. It stands to reason that an unreleased phone is running unreleased firmware which may include an unfamiliar graphic.

Logic368

macrumors regular
Oct 17, 2011
Mother of god....

Attachments

• 45981-Sweet-Jesus-mother-of-god-Jura-ytNE.gif
    45981-Sweet-Jesus-mother-of-god-Jura-ytNE.gif
    794.3 KB · Views: 3,028
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.