Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rhett7660

macrumors G5
Jan 9, 2008
Sunny, Southern California
Idiot RBs in Pittsburgh... Bell and Blount arrested with possession of 20g of weed. Bell also possible DUI (weed, not alcohol).

This is of course, happening after I claimed Bell as a keeper in 1 league. However many are saying he won't face any suspension this year, if at all. First time offender, all that.

What a bunch of idiots. Ugh. But it couldn't happen to a better team! :D

i1280

macrumors 6502
Oct 23, 2012
Most of the league smokes weed...lol. Just some are smarter than others and don't do it an hour before boarding a plane to Philadelphia...to think that only a select few smoke weed is naive.

----------

What a bunch of idiots. Ugh. But it couldn't happen to a better team! :D

You're right. Historically...there isn't a better team...lol.

zioxide

macrumors 603
Dec 11, 2006
How do these guys keep smoking weed? surely these guys must have a way to cheat the drug testing.... Otherwise how do you justify smoking when you know you will get tested several times a season. I refuse to believe any human being is that dumb wow.

A much larger portion of the league smokes than you think.

You can buy fake piss or detox kits and beat urine testing easily. I know people who have passed drug tests for federal jobs using fake piss, I doubt the NFL tests are any harder to beat. I'd wager they're more concerned with PEDs.

Sydde

macrumors 68030
Aug 17, 2009
IOKWARDI
Apparently, the 'Hawk's D did so well in the SuperBomb because they were touching receivers. The league wants that to not happen again in their showcase game, so the zebras will be enforcing the 5-yard-contact rule more stringently.

One thing I am not clear about is whether that means a WR could plow into a set FS without being flagged, or does the rule cut both ways – and if it does, how would that affect things like Denver's "pick play" (that raised such ire in the AFCCG)?

Suture

macrumors 65816
Feb 22, 2007
EJ Manuel has quite the knack for staring down his intended WR. It looks like he hasn't learned anything yet following his rookie season.

Peace

Cancelled
Apr 1, 2005
Space The Only Frontier
Apparently, the 'Hawk's D did so well in the SuperBomb because they were touching receivers. The league wants that to not happen again in their showcase game, so the zebras will be enforcing the 5-yard-contact rule more stringently.

One thing I am not clear about is whether that means a WR could plow into a set FS without being flagged, or does the rule cut both ways – and if it does, how would that affect things like Denver's "pick play" (that raised such ire in the AFCCG)?

Don't think that was the reason. Look at yesterday's game against the Bears.
All first string on both teams.
31-0 in first 3 quarters.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
RGIII just does not look like he's the same quarterback he was in his rookie season. Correct me if I'm wrong be he was mobile and had a great arm. Now he's not really terribly accurate as a passer and doesn't (can't?) run as much.

rhett7660

macrumors G5
Jan 9, 2008
Sunny, Southern California

Denver looked killer on offense. I have a feeling they are going to be very tough again this year. Very tough.

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
So we now have the Ray Rice Rule. First offense 6 games, second offense lifetime ban.

Moyank24

macrumors 601
Aug 31, 2009
in a New York State of mind
So we now have the Ray Rice Rule. First offense 6 games, second offense lifetime ban.

Good.

Although Goodell should have done that from the beginning. The timing - just a day after Josh Brown's season long suspension - is also very ironic.

It still doesn't make up for the fact that Ray Rice still only has a 2 game suspension though.

zioxide

macrumors 603
Dec 11, 2006
Good.

Although Goodell should have done that from the beginning. The timing - just a day after Josh Brown's season long suspension - is also very ironic.

It still doesn't make up for the fact that Ray Rice still only has a 2 game suspension though.

I wonder if Roger Goodell beats his wife. It's the only logical explanation for the complete joke 2 game suspension Ray Rice gets for beating his wife on camera.

Meanwhile another guy gets suspended for an entire year for doing something that probably 40% of the league does and is legal in the home states of two NFL teams.

:rolleyes:

Sydde

macrumors 68030
Aug 17, 2009
IOKWARDI
Well, and I can kind of see the point. NFL football is a very violent sport, violence good, but maryjane makes people tend to be mellow (non-violent), so weed bad.

On a slightly different topic, I find these odds posted to win it all:

6:1
Denver Broncos
6.5:1
Seattle Seahawks
7:1
New England Patriots
7.5:1
San Francisco 49ers
10:1
Green Bay Packers
12:1
New Orleans Saints
20:1
Chicago Bears,
Indianapolis Colts,
Philadelphia Eagles
33:1
Detroit Lions,
Pittsburgh Steelers,
San Diego Chargers
40:1
Arizona Cardinals,
Atlanta Falcons,
Baltimore Ravens,
Cincinnati Bengals
50:1
Carolina Panthers,
Dallas Cowboys,
Kansas City Chiefs,
New York Giants,
Washington Redskins
66:1
Houston Texans,
Miami Dolphins,
New York Jets,
St. Louis Rams,
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
75:1
Cleveland Browns,
Minnesota Vikings
100:1
Buffalo Bills,
Tennessee Titans
150:1
Oakland Raiders
250:1
Jacksonville Jaguars​

Any thoughts? Who will play more than 16 games? Who will miss the play-offs? Who will be in the SB?

I am going out on a limb and saying SB ex-licks will be Luck v. Newton, probably going to the latter.

Peace

Cancelled
Apr 1, 2005
Space The Only Frontier
Well, and I can kind of see the point. NFL football is a very violent sport, violence good, but maryjane makes people tend to be mellow (non-violent), so weed bad.

On a slightly different topic, I find these odds posted to win it all:

6:1
Denver Broncos
6.5:1
Seattle Seahawks
7:1
New England Patriots
7.5:1
San Francisco 49ers
10:1
Green Bay Packers
12:1
New Orleans Saints
20:1
Chicago Bears,
Indianapolis Colts,
Philadelphia Eagles
33:1
Detroit Lions,
Pittsburgh Steelers,
San Diego Chargers
40:1
Arizona Cardinals,
Atlanta Falcons,
Baltimore Ravens,
Cincinnati Bengals
50:1
Carolina Panthers,
Dallas Cowboys,
Kansas City Chiefs,
New York Giants,
Washington Redskins
66:1
Houston Texans,
Miami Dolphins,
New York Jets,
St. Louis Rams,
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
75:1
Cleveland Browns,
Minnesota Vikings
100:1
Buffalo Bills,
Tennessee Titans
150:1
Oakland Raiders
250:1
Jacksonville Jaguars​

Any thoughts? Who will play more than 16 games? Who will miss the play-offs? Who will be in the SB?

I am going out on a limb and saying SB ex-licks will be Luck v. Newton, probably going to the latter.

See my sig.

;)

Basically a rematch.

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
Josh Brent was suspended for 10 games for driving drunk and killing a teammate. Good thing he didn't smoke any weed. :rolleyes:

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
@AlbertBreer: Per sources, Wes Welker has been suspended for four games for violating the NFL's PED policy. It was for amphetamines.

Best thing that could have happened to him from a concussion standpoint. Dude has had 3 in the past 10 months.

Checks all fantasy teams. No Welker, whew.

ucfgrad93

macrumors Core
Aug 17, 2007
Colorado
@AlbertBreer: Per sources, Wes Welker has been suspended for four games for violating the NFL's PED policy. It was for amphetamines.

Best thing that could have happened to him from a concussion standpoint. Dude has had 3 in the past 10 months.

I agree about the concussions. He is the second Bronco to be suspended for the first 4 games.

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT

He was smoking molly is what the reports are saying.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009

He denies it of course and ESPN is "implying" that he used the sample collection defense (which was denied).

This is going to hurt the Broncos but now we know why kept so many wide receivers on their practice squad - they must of have known this was coming down.

Moyank24

macrumors 601
Aug 31, 2009
in a New York State of mind
He denies it of course and ESPN is "implying" that he used the sample collection defense (which was denied).

This is going to hurt the Broncos but now we know why kept so many wide receivers on their practice squad - they must of have known this was coming down.

With the latest concussion he received against the Texans, they also could have been hedging their bets that he wasn't going to be healthy enough to start the season.

Being forced to sit for 4 games will probably help him in the long run, but with so many concussions in the last year, he may be one more away from having to shut it down anyway.

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
So....

Drop Molly - 4 game suspension
Beat Molly - 2 game suspension

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Being forced to sit for 4 games will probably help him in the long run, but with so many concussions in the last year, he may be one more away from having to shut it down anyway.
In a sense it will definitely help him, but given the last few concussions, its probably best if he hangs up his cleats. Why risk brain injury at this point.

I read somewhere (espn or football talk) that Manning is the one to blame for his concussions by exposing him to those hits as he throws to him. I don't know if that's true or not but clearly he's getting hit hard as a Bronco

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
I don't think it's fair to put the blame on Manning. Oddly, I don't have Welker on any team, for once.
As for Brent, why that ***** is not sitting in a cell rotting is beyond me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.