Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

KennyM2

macrumors newbie
Jun 26, 2010
Does anyone know if the Thule Stravan Deluxe Attache will fit my rMBP 13" with a Tech21 Impact Snap Case? Links to the Norwegian Apple Store because that's basically the only place that has a decent selection of these things (in Norway).

I will be hauling a bunch of books with me to the university (walking) in a regular backpack, will it be a massive annoyance carrying a separate bag on my shoulder/across the chest for my laptop?

I actually managed to order the Tech21 case for the regular MBP, doh! Had the DHL guy deliver it to me at the uni, meaning I had to carry a massive box home :mad:.

The Tech21 rMBP case is not shipping for 1-2 weeks, but I suppose I'll manage (if I end up ordering it) with the neoprene sleeve I bought for my (plastic) MB back in '08.

SS4Luck

macrumors regular
Aug 23, 2014
SoCal
Does anyone have a Herschel bag with a 15" rMBP in it? I spend so much of my time at school a bag is the way to go for me cuz I'm always schlepping chargers touch pad and a notebook or two around. Some of the more high end bags are awesome looking but not my style and i don't want to order one of the Herschel bags only to have my brand new laptop not fit lol

(I'm looking mostly at the little america style and pop quiz style)

AnonDP

macrumors member
Jun 27, 2014
Just got my Acme Made sleeve through for a 15" rMBP. Got it for £9.98 in the UK. So if anyone is interested in pics/vid review let me know. Can also drop the link.

chibamac

macrumors 6502
Jan 10, 2009
Just ordered this..

web20140410-04_2_large.jpg

http://www.amazon.ca/Runetz-15-inch-MacBook-without-Collection/dp/B00KAK7NO6

Really cheep and got great reviews on Amazon so we'll see..

Chiba

chibamac

macrumors 6502
Jan 10, 2009
Thanks for sharing! Bought it on eBay for $27 incl. international shipping, which is still pretty cheap!

My pleasure Kenny. I like that it zips all the way around. Hopefully it will provide enough protection for when it's in my bag. We'll see I guess..

Chiba

JesperA

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2012
Sweden
Anyone know a sleeve for rMBP 15" that is black and have diamond pattern stitching?

Something that looks like this:

4439241492_11b98f3eac_b.jpg

It doesn't need to have a lot of padding, i only use it for prevent scuffing.

augustya

Suspended
Feb 17, 2012
Satin Finish Cover for 15 Inch rMBP !

Hi Guys,

Can anyone please recommend a Satin Finish Outer Covering like for the Top Lid and Bottom for the 15 inch Retina Macbook Pro Mid- 2014 Model for e.g what "Speck" makes. But is there anything better than what Speck makes ? I want a good fit with satin finish but if the Apple Logo is visible.

How are the Speck ones ? Any user feedback ?

Thanks !

Tsuchiya

macrumors 68020
Jun 7, 2008
Is it even possible to get a backpack (screw messenger bags) that will hold (and protect) a 15" rMBP, a couple of notebooks, a huge ass textbook and other miscellaneous items like chargers that won't make me look like I'm going camping?:confused:

Angriff

macrumors member
Dec 28, 2013
Just got a Thule Stravan Backpack for MacBook Pro at the Apple Store, and it's incredibly awesome. Going back to university and I wanted a bag that would protect my rMBP 15" and iPad and carry books, and this thing is perfect. Also has a hard-walled pocket for protecting sunglasses or other crushable items, as well as many smaller pockets and compartments for stowing various accessories and items for school. It's very comfortable too, I put the rMBP in it and was carrying it around and it doesn't feel like it weighs anything at all, even the 15" model.

runningtowin

macrumors member
Jan 2, 2011
Just got a Thule Stravan Backpack for MacBook Pro at the Apple Store, and it's incredibly awesome. Going back to university and I wanted a bag that would protect my rMBP 15" and iPad and carry books, and this thing is perfect. Also has a hard-walled pocket for protecting sunglasses or other crushable items, as well as many smaller pockets and compartments for stowing various accessories and items for school. It's very comfortable too, I put the rMBP in it and was carrying it around and it doesn't feel like it weighs anything at all, even the 15" model.

Agreed, I've had this bag about 3 weeks and it's by far my favorite bag ever, even over Timbuk2 bags I had for years and LL Bean backpacks and messengers I alternated. It fits well, it's well constructed, it has plenty of space. Can't say enough good things.

SS4Luck

macrumors regular
Aug 23, 2014
SoCal
Is it even possible to get a backpack (screw messenger bags) that will hold (and protect) a 15" rMBP, a couple of notebooks, a huge ass textbook and other miscellaneous items like chargers that won't make me look like I'm going camping?:confused:

I got the little american from herschel in black. does all that and is surprisingly comfortable

Sheza

macrumors 68020
Aug 14, 2010
Does anyone dock their MacBook with a stand? One of the closed ones / clamshell style. I'm looking at the Coolermaster Aluminum Clutch / their 'L' stand, and the Twelve South Arc stand.

I have a set up so that I can share a screen, keyboard and mouse with my Mac and desktop PC by only attaching 3 cables (power, display port, single USB).

malandra

macrumors regular
Oct 1, 2003
Having trouble deciding between a few waterfield cases, and a little uncertain as to what I might want to carry when I drag the MBP out of my office, so I chose a cheapo stopgap while I decide between the pricier options:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DE80OUG/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It's fine for a synthetic sleeve, and a bit big for the rmbp, but it is soft all over, no zips to scratch the exterior. I also got the top and bottom bestskinsever pieces during the bogo sale. And a shaggymax for keyboard and screen protection.

Thus should hold me for a few weeks while I sort out a bigger decision.

chibamac

macrumors 6502
Jan 10, 2009
Mine arrived today, pretty happy with it so far, definitely more snug than the old sleeve I bought for my '08 MB 13".

Still waiting for mine to clear customs.. Can you take a pic so I can see how yours looks? Is it made well?

Chiba

KennyM2

macrumors newbie
Jun 26, 2010
Still waiting for mine to clear customs.. Can you take a pic so I can see how yours looks? Is it made well?

Chiba
Here you go :)

The only "flaws" I can find are two small threads sticking out from seam (between sleeve and zipper).

If I ever need more protection than this sleeve can provide alone..

iKraze

macrumors newbie
Jul 29, 2014
Anyone know of any good messenger bags for carrying MacBook pro 15"?

HD225

Something like this, however it would need to protect the MacBook from rain which this one doesn't unfortunately :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.