Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

twietee

macrumors 603
Jan 24, 2012
Sokratis: no cast-off at all! Can see them selling one next season though, eventually Hummels wants to go (hope not!!)? They have 4 top CB now (with Ginter being the new top talent) which is one too much when not playing 343 regularily imho.

Lord Blackadder

macrumors P6
May 7, 2004
Sod off
A favorable draw for Liverpool, Arsenal's a bit tougher but they should go through. Ditto Man Cty though they've failed this test several times before. Chelsea will cruise their group.

Can't wait to see Brendan Rogers' Liverpool in Europe, even if it means a hiding against Madrid.

Kariya

macrumors 68000
Nov 3, 2010
Sokratis: no cast-off at all! Can see them selling one next season though, eventually Hummels wants to go (hope not!!)? They have 4 top CB now (with Ginter being the new top talent) which is one too much when not playing 343 regularily imho.

Might be why Wenger is moving for Sokratis...

twietee

macrumors 603
Jan 24, 2012
Might be why Wenger is moving for Sokratis...

Guess so. Won't happen this round though. Ginter is new to the squad and came late because of the WC. Subotic is back from a long recovery but lacks match experience. Hummels hasn't much trained with the squad either because of the WC. But if Sokratis leaving next season means Hummels stays in return, I'm all ears! :D

oscillatewildly

macrumors 68000
Jul 17, 2007
23 Railway Cuttings

In the meantim I read more and more about a Kagawa comeback. Not sure what to think about it - guess he isn't playing on the same level when he left and Dortmund changed too but who knows. I for one would be thankful.

+ Kariya,

The plan was to play him behind Rooney, then there was the opportunity to bring in RvP. He played well when Rooney was injured but was himself injured as Captain England - wishes he had the hair of Captain Caveman - returned. Manchester United became static and Kagawa thrives on movement. To cap it all, Mata was hired. A confidence boost plus movement from his teammates and he'll be fine. Good luck to him; especially in the Champions League if he goes to Dortmund.;)

Cheers,
OW

twietee

macrumors 603
Jan 24, 2012
SMH! Kalou to Hertha! :eek:

Sad face for losing Allagui to Mainz though, CoxOrange will be delighted though, I guess.

Kariya

macrumors 68000
Nov 3, 2010
Nando has gone to Milan on loan. So now Chelsea only have 2 strikers. Remy/Destro being mentioned as possible incomings.

Kariya

macrumors 68000
Nov 3, 2010
Interestingly, its a 2yr loan, which suggests Chelsea have settled for paying some of the wages for Milan. Rather than a severance package.

So that makes both United (Nani) and Chelsea that are paying other clubs to take their deadwood. Cleverly and Kagawa also being shipped out for peanuts.

Happybunny

macrumors 68000
Sep 9, 2010
It looks like Daley Blind is going leave Ajax and head off to Manchester Utd, transfer €18 million.

He is 24yrs old and mid fielder, he can defend, and is also useful as a wide player in the attack.

He was one of the stars in the Netherlands team from this world cup.

Kariya

macrumors 68000
Nov 3, 2010
Remy confirmed for Chelsea
Agger confirmed for Brondby

Rooney is still terrible
RVP yet to regain form
United draw against Burnley
Blind predictably confirmed for United (De Jong next)

Wenger improves bids for Carvalho and Sokratis

Meanwhile City currently trailing to Stoke at the Etihad...

EDIT: City lose to Stoke at the Etihad

Last edited:

Lord Blackadder

macrumors P6
May 7, 2004
Sod off
Apparently Stoke can do it on a sunny afternoon in Manchester.

I watched the Newcastle-Palace game and it was a six goal thriller ending 3-3 after a 96th minute qualifier for Palace. Not bad football. Palace were actually the better team.

EDIT: Chelsea absolutely sucker-punched Everton in the first three minutes. And nobody ever comes back from 2-0 down to beat Chelsea.

Last edited:

Lord Blackadder

macrumors P6
May 7, 2004
Sod off
Not sure what to make of that match...I'm going to be a party pooper and say that, at the end of the day, its really an absolutely boring result - Chelski win yet another match by a comfortable margin. If it wasn't for Man City they'd walk this league for sure.

Costa looking like a pretty bad winner. I guess that's what happens when you play for Chelsea. The John Terry/Mourinho influence at work.

Martinez teams always play good-looking football, but likewise they always seem capable of shipping lots of goals from time to time. Scoring three against Chelsea is a good day's work, undone by conceding six.

Last edited:

Kariya

macrumors 68000
Nov 3, 2010
He's got his defence playing like Wigan again. But Everton have shown that Chelsea aren't invincible. Against a better team the outcome might've been different.

Lord Blackadder

macrumors P6
May 7, 2004
Sod off
Against a better team the outcome might've been different.

Better than Everton: Perhaps Spurs, Liverpool, Arsenal (and a couple clubs Chelsea face in Europe). Will be interesting to see how those matches pan out. Maybe Stoke will do them as they handled Man City.

Last edited:

Kariya

macrumors 68000
Nov 3, 2010
Spurs have been utterly useless. Have offered nothing all game.

Good win for LFC. Sterling again the difference. Manquillo and Moreno making strong arguments to Brendan.

Last edited:

pivo6

macrumors 68000
Dec 2, 2002
Minnesota
I never knew that Hull were such a dirty team. Any time that Grealish lad touched the ball, he gets hacked down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.