Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Juggie305

macrumors member
Sep 30, 2011
just got mine looks good n it works just cant take it off the case :rolleyes:
tips on the youtube pg didnt help

DanUC6

macrumors 6502a
Feb 6, 2007
Purchased one of these for my 5S. I think minimal is best. I want the slime green but they are currently out of stock. Can't wait to get back to the basics. I also have the apple brown leather case but I just don't care for the covered the buttons.

SchuettS

macrumors 6502
Dec 4, 2008
Sorry if this has already been asked but any reason why you didn't design this case to clip on the opposite corners? Seems like you wouldn't have to deal with the power button, camera/flash and headphone plug if done the other way.. for protection I'm guessing

Rotajo

macrumors newbie
Feb 25, 2013
That design is pretty sleek and I am in the market for a wallet case but I agree with some other comments about it not offering enough of a bumper and protection IMO. Still waiting for black Friday sales before I make a final decision. The video was fun to watch though!

bjamin

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 29, 2013
Purchased one of these for my 5S. I think minimal is best. I want the slime green but they are currently out of stock. Can't wait to get back to the basics. I also have the apple brown leather case but I just don't care for the covered the buttons.

Nice! We just launched the slim green and high voltage orange colors so they're now in stock! We also made improvements to the design to make it easier to remove (thanks to some great feedback from folks on this forum), without sacrificing the nice secure fit.

Sorry if this has already been asked but any reason why you didn't design this case to clip on the opposite corners? Seems like you wouldn't have to deal with the power button, camera/flash and headphone plug if done the other way.. for protection I'm guessing

Great question! There are a few reasons: First, we did a bit of human factors experimentation and learned that the sliding down and over motion is more natural than up and over (which is what you'd have to do if the slash direction were reversed). Second, we wanted to keep the volume/silence area clear. And third, we started the Remora designs with the iPhone 4/4S and initially aimed to avoid the headphone jack at the top right. With a lot of Remoras now in the wild, we'll probably continue with the same orientation for consistency.

That design is pretty sleek and I am in the market for a wallet case but I agree with some other comments about it not offering enough of a bumper and protection IMO. Still waiting for black Friday sales before I make a final decision. The video was fun to watch though!

You're right about it not offering full shielding or impact resistance. That said, I think it actually helps protect more than one might expect. I've been rocking one on my new 5S since a week or so after they were released and haven't noticed any major blemishes (and I'm not overly careful with it). It conveniently keeps the phone off of any surface whether left face-down or face-up. Of course, accident-prone folks should consider the risks.

Here's a shot of mine just taken from another 5S - I changed over to the new orange color and it looks awesome. Now I'm matching with the carriage!

orange_corner.jpg

bjamin

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 29, 2013
Just ordered one. Will this work with a glass screen protector and full body clear skin?

Thank you. It might be a really tight fit, though. It's designed to fit on a naked iPhone, but does work with a variety of screen protectors (film-type, depending on size). Between the glass layer and the full surface skin I think it may more snug than you'd like. Give it a shot though and send us an email to let us know how it works (hello [at] outpostlabs.com). If you're not happy, we'll be glad to refund you.

Rotajo

macrumors newbie
Feb 25, 2013
Thanks for the response, I'll keep this case in the running and check out its competitors in the meantime :)

thatoneguy82

macrumors 68000
Jul 23, 2008
Beach Cities, CA
Just got this case yesterday and I love it. My only gripe is that I wish it could fit more. However, I did manage to fit 3 snugly and it comes out with ease. Though, I suspect since 2 of the cards weren't credit cards, thus making it thinner with no raised numbers.

bjamin

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 29, 2013
Just got this case yesterday and I love it. My only gripe is that I wish it could fit more. However, I did manage to fit 3 snugly and it comes out with ease. Though, I suspect since 2 of the cards weren't credit cards, thus making it thinner with no raised numbers.

Awesome! Glad to hear it. We have considered designing a version that holds another card or two, but haven't fully pursued this path yet. Using cards without raised numbers definitely does help capacity.

For anyone else who is interested, we jumped on the Cyber Monday bandwagon today and knocked the price down under fifteen bucks for a short while.

ihonda

Suspended
Sep 17, 2009
Awesome! Glad to hear it. We have considered designing a version that holds another card or two, but haven't fully pursued this path yet. Using cards without raised numbers definitely does help capacity.

For anyone else who is interested, we jumped on the Cyber Monday bandwagon today and knocked the price down under fifteen bucks for a short while.

can u please post pics of the green and orange on a white phone? cant deicde.

JTravers

macrumors 6502a
Jun 28, 2010

I'm interested and would love to take advantage of your sale but am wondering if you know if your case will work with a magnetic car mount I use.
http://www.amazon.com/InfiniApps-Sm...nology/dp/B00DPMNNUO/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

I don't want to waste your time processing a return if you already know it might not work. PM if you need more details.

Also, I wonder if the magnets in the mount might damage the credit cards :confused:

Thanks.

bjamin

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 29, 2013
can u please post pics of the green and orange on a white phone? cant deicde.

See attached - this is the best I have right now! I'm rocking the orange one on my white iPhone 5s though and it looks pretty good.

I'm interested and would love to take advantage of your sale but am wondering if you know if your case will work with a magnetic car mount I use.
http://www.amazon.com/InfiniApps-Sm...nology/dp/B00DPMNNUO/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

I don't want to waste your time processing a return if you already know it might not work. PM if you need more details.

Also, I wonder if the magnets in the mount might damage the credit cards :confused:

Thanks.

Shot you an email back about this, thanks for the question. Sounds like it may not be an easy task though.

Attachments

• green_orange_remora.jpg
    green_orange_remora.jpg
    306.9 KB · Views: 215

Alex1997

macrumors newbie
Jun 27, 2014
I know this is an old post but do you have any more of the ones for the 5s?
I would love to review one on youtube and it would be a perfect way to get my channel started and for you to get more business!
my email is abskikiabs@gmail.com

bjamin

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 29, 2013
Def. will be getting one for the iphone 6.

Awesome! I'm starting to think about this actually and would love some early feedback. In addition to redesigning the original two-corner, two card Remora for the next generation phone, I'm wondering if it might be cool to make a four-corner version that perhaps could hold up to three cards.

Here's a sketch of the general shape I've been thinking about, which builds off of the original Remora's 'slash' look. Of course, I don't know the exact details of the new phone yet, but it should be quick to finalize when Apple releases the housing drawings.

In general, does a four-corner, three-card concept interest anyone? Or does it clash with the whole purpose of the original, two-corner uber minimalistic theme?

Attachments

• nextgen-4.JPG
    nextgen-4.JPG
    59.7 KB · Views: 107

DanUC6

macrumors 6502a
Feb 6, 2007
Awesome! I'm starting to think about this actually and would love some early feedback. In addition to redesigning the original two-corner, two card Remora for the next generation phone, I'm wondering if it might be cool to make a four-corner version that perhaps could hold up to three cards.

Here's a sketch of the general shape I've been thinking about, which builds off of the original Remora's 'slash' look. Of course, I don't know the exact details of the new phone yet, but it should be quick to finalize when Apple releases the housing drawings.

In general, does a four-corner, three-card concept interest anyone? Or does it clash with the whole purpose of the original, two-corner uber minimalistic theme?

I love it! I just also filled out the survey. I am big on symmetry and would love a four corner look. Your product is great.

ihonda

Suspended
Sep 17, 2009

i dig it. i will be getting the 6 and if you are looking for testers count me in. missed the first round for the 5/5s

Petey-ed

macrumors 6502
May 17, 2009

I would be interested in a 3 or 4 card option for sure.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.