Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

innominato5090

macrumors 6502
Sep 4, 2009
Not sure yet, quality is not as good as I thought but haven't played with it enough yet to get a good feel! Will only really be using it for Spotify...........

I ordered it as soon as they launched and it had all sorts of problems (unreliable software, poor build quality), thus I returned it. I've received an email recently (couple of weeks ago maybe?) thanking me for my feedback and saying that they have issued a FW upgrade that solved the majority of the issues I pointed out.

dontwalkhand

macrumors 603
Jul 5, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Fell on some real hard times so I don't have a real setup anymore. Hopefully once I get back on my feet and able to get a bigger place, I'll have an office again.

So my devices charge against the wall next to our bed. As you can tell I have definitely downsized a lot (from an iMac, Mac Mini, etc)

Not pictured: iPhone 5s, Apple TV

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 478

LNYMRKO

macrumors regular
Nov 8, 2010
Before: because of the size of the desk I had the 27" ACD next to the iMac but had to have them both angled inwards so I could see the edges of the screens and also so it fit properly on the desk, however I was getting annoyed with looking either left or right and never directly in front.

attachment.php

After: Solution was to sell the 27" ACD and use the money to purchase 2x Samsung S27C750P 27" and set them up in portrait mode. I've never worked with displays in portrait mode before, however I am thoroughly enjoying being able to display longer pages of text and less scrolling! Pretty darn happy with how it turned out!

attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• DSCF8114.JPG
    DSCF8114.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 7,838
  • IMG_1072.JPG
    IMG_1072.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 8,334
  • IMG_1075.JPG
    IMG_1075.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 7,869

ipos

macrumors 65816
May 4, 2011

Here's my 2013 Mac Pro setup. Quad core model with 64 gigs of ram. Akai rpm500 speakers, Universal Audio Apollo Twin, to the left there's the nektar P6 masterkeyboard, and then there's the LG 34UM95 monitor.

What you also don't see in the pic is the Blackmagic Multidock hidden inside the desk with 2,5 TB of SSDs. :)

where did u buy the black mat?

UltraInstinct

macrumors 68040
Feb 6, 2013
United Kingdom
Before: because of the size of the desk I had the 27" ACD next to the iMac but had to have them both angled inwards so I could see the edges of the screens and also so it fit properly on the desk, however I was getting annoyed with looking either left or right and never directly in front.

attachment.php

After: Solution was to sell the 27" ACD and use the money to purchase 2x Samsung S27C750P 27" and set them up in portrait mode. I've never worked with displays in portrait mode before, however I am thoroughly enjoying being able to display longer pages of text and less scrolling! Pretty darn happy with how it turned out!

attachment.php
attachment.php

Link to butt wallpaper?

bigpoppamac31

macrumors 68020
Aug 16, 2007
Canada

attachment.php

attachment.php
attachment.php

I'd love this setup but that's a lot of money for me. But doesn't the reflections off the desk get distracting??

LNYMRKO

macrumors regular
Nov 8, 2010
I'd love this setup but that's a lot of money for me. But doesn't the reflections off the desk get distracting??

To be honest I've never actually noticed it before when I'm sitting in front of it, but it's definitely there in that pic now you mention it! Perhaps HDR/filter on the photo is making it more prominent? *shrugs* Either way, it hasn't been an issue for me :)

Fatigue

macrumors newbie
Jan 27, 2013
México, Distrito Federal
Fell on some real hard times so I don't have a real setup anymore. Hopefully once I get back on my feet and able to get a bigger place, I'll have an office again.

So my devices charge against the wall next to our bed. As you can tell I have definitely downsized a lot (from an iMac, Mac Mini, etc)

Not pictured: iPhone 5s, Apple TV

sucks, i hope things get better for you.

Wayfarer

macrumors 65816
Jun 15, 2007
I slightly updated my setup.

27xjdp0.png

15" RMBP, Apple Thunderbolt Display, Magic Mouse, Twelve South Book Arc, Logitech Solar keyboard, Cyber Acoustic Satellite speakers (link)

Thats so sick! Love what you've done with portrait displays. I am a big fan of symmetry. Major creative points to you, buddy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.