Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xxfury2xx

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 27, 2009
When I used 10.6 I would use icalbuddy and a geektool geeklet to have events in my calendar appear on my desktop. After moving to 10.8 recently I haven't been able to get the icalbuddy and geektool combo working.

Does icalbuddy just not work in 10.8? If not, is there some other way to achieve what I'm looking to accomplish? Any help would be appreciated.

psycheau

macrumors newbie
Jan 29, 2013
When I used 10.6 I would use icalbuddy and a geektool geeklet to have events in my calendar appear on my desktop. After moving to 10.8 recently I haven't been able to get the icalbuddy and geektool combo working.

Does icalbuddy just not work in 10.8? If not, is there some other way to achieve what I'm looking to accomplish? Any help would be appreciated.

Since 10.8 I haven't been able to customise anything in geektools, as far as I can tell it's not compatible with 10.8, I've been waiting a few months for an update from Geektools, but there doesn't seem to be one as yet. Hopefully they will bring one out soon.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.