Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Gaura Mohana

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 24, 2011
Gainesville, FL
Hi there!
I have a 4s right now and I really want to upgrade to a 6 the day it comes out...
I don't want to sell my 4s and then be stuck with no phone - Does anyone have any personal experience with getting a new iPhone with beginning credit (low 700's) and 5-10 inquiries in the last two months - I have two credit cards that I've been paying off on time. I really don't want them to deny me. I'm planning to go At&t.
Also can anyone on the 1gb At&t plan tell me how much they're paying every month? I'm thinking it's going to be $199 up front and then $65+25+tax every month. Does that sound right?
I plan to go online the second the phones are on apple.com and buy it there. Good idea?
Also anyone wants to discuss the iPhone 6? What are you looking forward to/hoping for?

Shockwave78

macrumors 65816
Jul 10, 2010
Hi there!
I have a 4s right now and I really want to upgrade to a 6 the day it comes out...
I don't want to sell my 4s and then be stuck with no phone - Does anyone have any personal experience with getting a new iPhone with beginning credit (low 700's) and 5-10 inquiries in the last two months - I have two credit cards that I've been paying off on time. I really don't want them to deny me. I'm planning to go At&t.
Also can anyone on the 1gb At&t plan tell me how much they're paying every month? I'm thinking it's going to be $199 up front and then $65+25+tax every month. Does that sound right?
I plan to go online the second the phones are on apple.com and buy it there. Good idea?
Also anyone wants to discuss the iPhone 6? What are you looking forward to/hoping for?

as long as your score is good they won't care about the inquiries. Your score is affected immediately by any inquiries so if you check it now and credit score is 700 then that is all they care about. If you were buying a house or something then all these inquiries would be troubling and maybe get you denied.

If you are 5-10 inquiries on your credit report in the last couple months you need to stop relying on credit or whatever you are doing...the less the better. I get worried about my score dropping after only 2 or 3 in a year, let alone 10 in 2 months.

Fernandez21

macrumors 601
Jun 16, 2010
Well, I just went on and from what I saw it looks like it would be 0 up front and $77 a month plus tax ($27 for iPhone + $25 for 1gb data + $40 for phone - $15 mobile share discount)

Or if you want to buy on contract, it would be $199 upfront and then $65 a month plus tax ($25 for 1gb data + $40 for phone).

Or if you buy full price off contract, it would be $649 up front and $50 a month plus tax ($25 for 1gb data + $40 for phone - $15 mobile share discount)

Last edited:

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
Well, I just went on and from what I saw it looks like it would be 0 up front and $77 a month plus tax ($27 for iPhone + $25 for 1gb data + $40 for phone - $15 mobile share discount)

Or if you want to buy on contract, it would be $199 upfront and then $65 a month plus tax ($25 for 1gb data + $40 for phone).

Or if you buy full price off contract, it would be $649 up front and $50 a month plus tax ($25 for 1gb data + $40 for phone - $15 mobile share discount)

+1 internets for such helpful information. What the MR forums ought to be about. Cheers.

Gaura Mohana

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 24, 2011
Gainesville, FL
I have all those inquiries because I was trying to apply for new credit cards with absolutely new credit.... oh well.. I learnt from my mistakes. My score is now in the low 700's.

$199 and $65+tax a month sounds good... This means that my bill be around 75?

I'm trying to sell my 32gb black 4S with a genuine white backplate on CL right now... someone tried to offer me $215 but I thought that was too little. right?

I'm so excited...

Thank you guys for your help

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.