Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CNU182

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 9, 2003
Any tips or clues?

I've tried clean installs, resetting the smc/pram, & repairing disk permissions

Operates cleanly if I shut down or start up, just doesn't want to restart.

Thanks!

jfalberti

macrumors member
Aug 7, 2014
Visalia CA
Mine works fine.

I have the same machine, and did the very same processor upgrade, and mine is working fine. What version of OS X are you running? I'm running Mavericks (10.9.4).

CNU182

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 9, 2003
I have the same machine, and did the very same processor upgrade, and mine is working fine. What version of OS X are you running? I'm running Mavericks (10.9.4).

10.9.4 here as well, though the issue cropped up in 10.7 once I put in the new processors.

jfalberti

macrumors member
Aug 7, 2014
Visalia CA
10.9.4 here as well, though the issue cropped up in 10.7 once I put in the new processors.

I was already running Mavericks before I did my processor upgrade. I used Tiamo's replacement boot.efi to install Mavericks. Did you use Chameleon to install Mavericks, or Tiamo's replacement boot.efi?

CNU182

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 9, 2003
I was already running Mavericks before I did my processor upgrade. I used Tiamo's replacement boot.efi to install Mavericks. Did you use Chameleon to install Mavericks, or Tiamo's replacement boot.efi?

Tiamo's

666sheep

macrumors 68040
Dec 7, 2009
Poland
What exactly does it do? KP or does nothing? Did you perform clean install or upgrade? I had once similar issue with one customer's 1,1 before and after CPU upgrade. It turned out to be HDD/corrupted filesystem issue. Replacing HDD with new one + clean install cured the problem.

If it does KP, post the KP log.

CNU182

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 9, 2003
What exactly does it do? KP or does nothing? Did you perform clean install or upgrade? I had once similar issue with one customer's 1,1 before and after CPU upgrade. It turned out to be HDD/corrupted filesystem issue. Replacing HDD with new one + clean install cured the problem.

If it does KP, post the KP log.

i'll have to double check i usually run it headless. but i have done a clean install of 10.9 since, and it didn't seem to resolve the issue.

I'll do some more investigating tonight.

Thank you!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.