Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
I gave in and bought a subscription to Autodesk Sketchbook Pro this morning. Played with Flipbook, the drawing tools are definitely awesome to play with, and as someone who doesn't particularly like working with IK and tweening, it's a plus that it has none of that.

You can't edit your frame rate once you've started, and you can't actually export it to video (it does an image sequence which I had to piece together in Toon Boom Studio). You also only have three layers to work with, and the timeline works kinda iffy. If you duplicate sometime and then move it, it leaves a blank frame.

Other than all that, I think it's pretty darn cool if you have an established idea you can just draw/paint and then push out.

https://vimeo.com/104824244

AngerDanger

Graphics
Original poster
Staff member
Dec 9, 2008
Here, have a sketch that's a few months old:

structure.jpg

sk8andmetal

macrumors regular
my humble contribution.
Some 'traditional' doodling and some work i had done to try my wacom tablet. I must admit that working on drawing tablet is harder than i thought mainly for applying color and effects. Still have quite a lot of practice to make better drawings with SketchBookPro.
Any feedback is welcome :)

Attachments

• doodles.jpg
    doodles.jpg
    660.8 KB · Views: 213
  • pin up2_s.png
    pin up2_s.png
    25.1 KB · Views: 850

CrickettGrrrl

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2012
B'more or Less
Doodling with a brand new digital watercolor brush set from Daub | Paolo Limoncelli for Manga Studio 5. My dog Gus got a bath yesterday so these brushes were fun to use for this sketch.

Attachments

• Va-Gussie Got a Bath sm.png
    Va-Gussie Got a Bath sm.png
    480.4 KB · Views: 212

cebseb

macrumors regular
Feb 21, 2011
Doodling with a brand new digital watercolor brush set from Daub | Paolo Limoncelli for Manga Studio 5. My dog Gus got a bath yesterday so these brushes were fun to use for this sketch.

Gus looks like a cute Schnauzer! Is he?

CrickettGrrrl

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2012
B'more or Less
Gus looks like a cute Schnauzer! Is he?

Thank you, he is totally adorable. He's a 70Lb mix of Airedale terrier and a variety of other dogs (& maybe timber wolf --it looks like he has a caveman pelt on his shoulders and he stalks, not walks). But a total weenie compared to my previous Airedale boys. Gus is more into quirky humor.

A picture is a 1000 words. (He's sporting a sort of "The Wire" hoodie an Italian fan sent him.)

Attachments

• Crickett Gus & Maddie<3.JPG
    Crickett Gus & Maddie<3.JPG
    228.3 KB · Views: 192

cebseb

macrumors regular
Feb 21, 2011
Thank you, he is totally adorable. He's a 70Lb mix of Airedale terrier and a variety of other dogs (& maybe timber wolf --it looks like he has a caveman pelt on his shoulders and he stalks, not walks). But a total weenie compared to my previous Airedale boys. Gus is more into quirky humor.

A picture is a 1000 words. (He's sporting a sort of "The Wire" hoodie an Italian fan sent him.)

Good lord. He's so handsome!

AngerDanger

Graphics
Original poster
Staff member
Dec 9, 2008
A rather indignant looking self portrait from when I had short hair:

angerdanger.jpg

Last edited:

AngerDanger

Graphics
Original poster
Staff member
Dec 9, 2008
A bit of an odd one today; I mocked up a website for a fictitious company called Vera-Fax. Click for full resolution:

AngerDanger

Graphics
Original poster
Staff member
Dec 9, 2008
Based on XKCD's stick figure style:

P1fIH79.png

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.