Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Last week, a video from Feld & Volk depicted a nearly complete 4.7-inch iPhone 6 that was assembled from various iPhone 6 parts, giving us a clear picture of what the finished device might look like ahead of its September 9 debut.

A new video has surfaced from Russian YouTube channel Rozetked (via 9to5Mac), showing in more detail Feld & Volk's near-complete 4.7-inch iPhone 6 next to an iPhone 5s. The video shows the assembled device with a space gray rear shell paired with both black and white front plates.

In the video, the iPhone 6 is displayed next to the iPhone 5s at several different angles, showing off all of the design differences between the two phones. Aside from the iPhone 6's larger size, it is also noticeably thinner with iPad-style design elements including pill-shaped volume buttons and rounded corners.

Also shown is the device's rounded True Tone dual-LED flash, protruding camera ring, thick antenna bands, embedded Apple logo, and relocated power button, along with internal elements like the logic board.

Apple is expected to introduce both the 4.7 and 5.5-inch iPhone 6 devices at a September 9 media event. While rumors have suggested the 4.7-inch iPhone 6 will be available to ship shortly after its debut, it is less clear whether the larger 5.5-inch iPhone 6 will also ship during the month of September or at a later date due to production issues.

The September 9 event is also expected to feature the introduction of Apple's first wearable device and it may also include the debut of Apple's rumored mobile payment service.

Article Link: Nearly Complete iPhone 6 Assembled From Parts Compared to iPhone 5s in New Video

juanrp

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2014
Florida
Ooh everything is ready.
My mind. My body.

Everything except my wallet, of course.
Ramen noodles, anyone?

AngerDanger

Graphics
Staff member
Dec 9, 2008
Wow, the two-year-old iPod touch is gorgeous! :p I just hope Apple doesn't threaten to sue Apple over the design.

Last edited:

Locoboof

macrumors 65816
Jun 8, 2008
Bay Area,Cali
I'm liking this a lot! Bring on the 9th!

Attachments

• 159.gif
    159.gif
    1.9 MB · Views: 10,185

Goftrey

macrumors 68000
May 20, 2011
Wales, UK
Is it me or is the gap between the home button larger on the screen side than it is on the bottom side?

Just looks 'off'.

Aside from that though it's looking absolutely stunning. Still not sold on the protruding camera and antenna bands at all though.

thedeejay

macrumors 65816
Aug 16, 2012
Toronto, Canada.
Everything I like but the 2 horizontal antenna bands or whatever you refer to them as. But then again, I am always iffy about certain things Apple does and then am amazed when I actually look at it. Will wait to comment, but for now, as I see it, am not a fan. 8 more days until I know how much of debt I will be in :D

Kariya

macrumors 68000
Nov 3, 2010
Seems like getting screen protectors for the new iPhone won't be straightforward. Given the curved edges.

PsykX

macrumors 68020
Sep 16, 2006
Antenna breaks

These antenna breaks are intriguing me.

What are they made of, some kind of rubber or soft material ? If so, their thickness and their location on the device would absorb impacts, thus make the phone much more resistant to drop falls, which is in line with the rounded design to reduce impacts on the more bristle sapphire display.

They could also make the phone waterproof.

Last edited:

latts

macrumors regular
Apr 18, 2008
Headphone socket

I'm not convinced about that headphone socket, apple usually colour coordinate them

tumtumtum

macrumors member
Sep 16, 2012
Protruding camera

How does the phone sit flat on the table if the camera protrudes?

Fingers crossed that Apple has a few tricks up its sleeve and the protruding camera only projects out when the camera is in use. One can only hope.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.