Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

The Leafs Fan

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 5, 2013
Canada
NHL 15 was announced a few days ago, with new commentators, puck physics, arena models, and more. Share your thoughts here.

easports_covervote_kessel640x450.jpg

nhl15-640x427.jpg

BenTrovato

macrumors 68040
Jun 29, 2012
Canada
Just downloaded the demo for PS4 tonight.

Pros:
-The graphics are incredible
-Puck physics is cool as it seems more realistic now
-Players take longer to accelerate from stand still and when someone is skating at top speed they are better at beating opponents, just like real life
-I like the new commentary
-team celebrations is nice

Cons
-it loses the out and out feel of an arcade game doing the same things over and over again quickly
-too cinematic. For a sports game it feels like The Last of Us or something with the cut scenes.
-not impressed with the new menu systems, doesn't seem as efficient as '14

Those are my quick impressions from one game. I can see '16 being a great product.

The Leafs Fan

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 5, 2013
Canada
Just downloaded the demo for PS4 tonight.

Pros:
-The graphics are incredible
-Puck physics is cool as it seems more realistic now
-Players take longer to accelerate from stand still and when someone is skating at top speed they are better at beating opponents, just like real life
-I like the new commentary
-team celebrations is nice

Cons
-it loses the out and out feel of an arcade game doing the same things over and over again quickly
-too cinematic. For a sports game it feels like The Last of Us or something with the cut scenes.
-not impressed with the new menu systems, doesn't seem as efficient as '14

Those are my quick impressions from one game. I can see '16 being a great product.

Sounds good to me. Probably going to try and get in a bundle with the PS4 on Black Friday.

Praxis91

macrumors regular
Mar 15, 2011
I am so angry that you cannot play EASHL on the XB1 or PS4. That's all I play! I don't want to spend $60 for the 360 version.

I'm mostly mad because NHL 15 is one of the main reasons that I bought the XB1!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.