Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sensamic

macrumors 68040
Mar 26, 2010
If the X logo on the back is indeed the power button then that could mean also there's double tap to wake.

I would love to see that feature on the X+1 (and EVERY phone).

Wiesenlooser

macrumors 6502a
Jul 9, 2010
Damn that wooden back is seriously ugly.

I never really cared for the brighter woods such as bamboo ( I know bamboo is technically not a wood ). But I really digged the walnut version. Hoping for a comeback.

102196d1390759105t-moto-x-how-slippery-wood-backs-uploadfromtaptalk1390759104701.jpg

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
If the X logo on the back is indeed the power button then that could mean also there's double tap to wake.

I would love to see that feature on the X+1 (and EVERY phone).

Why do you need it ? With active display you never really need to tap power button anyway - even to unlock.

Sensamic

macrumors 68040
Mar 26, 2010
Why do you need it ? With active display you never really need to tap power button anyway - even to unlock.

Active display works only if there's notifications on the lockscreen if I'm not mistaken, right? If there are no notifications then the screen is off.

Don't know how it works exactly, but still double tap to wake is easily one of the best features in recent years. I would love to have it on every phone.

I think there's gonna be three Moto X+1 models available on launch date: one with the wood back (white model just like on the leaked pictures), one in black and another with the leather back.

At least that's why I understand from the leaks. It would make sense for people that don't have access to Moto Maker.

I'm VERY excited for this and the Moto G2. It seems both devices will be available at launch.

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Veri...-new-Moto-X-name-and-bamboo-in-stores_id60051

http://tktechnews.com/2014/09/01/moto-g-2-arrives-at-big-box-stores/

9e3ape5u.jpg

ga4emydy.jpg

Last edited:

SpoonCody

macrumors 6502
May 28, 2014
Active display works only if there's notifications on the lockscreen if I'm not mistaken, right? If there are no notifications then the screen is off.

Don't know how it works exactly, but still double tap to wake is easily one of the best features in recent years. I would love to have it on every phone.

I think there's gonna be three Moto X+1 models available on launch date: one with the wood back (white model just like on the leaked pictures), one in black and another with the leather back.

At least that's why I understand from the leaks. It would make sense for people that don't have access to Moto Maker.

I'm VERY excited for this and the Moto G2. It seems both devices will be available at launch.

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Veri...-new-Moto-X-name-and-bamboo-in-stores_id60051

http://tktechnews.com/2014/09/01/moto-g-2-arrives-at-big-box-stores/

I'm not sure what Active Display exactly entailed, but the Moto X lights up when you pick up the device. I've set the Google Now action (swiping up from home) to turn off my screen. I literally don't have to press the power button ever unless I'm powering off entirely. It's a lovely feature.

----------

Latest Moto X leaks... all very interesting. Can't wait for the reveal.

AppleRobert

macrumors 603
Nov 12, 2012
I sure hope I don't end up getting both. :eek:

Think it was Jim Carrey who said "someone stop me" or some such. :)

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place

As soon as you pick it up or wave your hand over even if there's no notifications active display kicks in and allows you to unlock.

Sensamic

macrumors 68040
Mar 26, 2010
As soon as you pick it up or wave your hand over even if there's no notifications active display kicks in and allows you to unlock.

Ah, true! Read that last year when the phone was announced and didn't remember it.

That's pretty neat!

Cnasty

macrumors 68040
Jul 2, 2008
Big month for smart-tech.

Apple, Samsung, Motorola, Sony... it's all very exciting.

So true. HUGE month.

Its a great/bad time to be a tech fan.

Great due to options and the new touch out there.
Bad for our wallets.:)

mclld

macrumors 68030
Nov 6, 2012
I am amazed at the turn around Motorol made with their phones. The G/X/E are great devices and practically bloat free, I shudder at the thought of the old Moto Blur

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
Indeed both the Moto X and G really impressed me this year. I'm loving my X and the Twp friends I bought G's for as their first smartphone are really happy with them too.

Cnasty

macrumors 68040
Jul 2, 2008
Well the Note 4 announcement was a flop for me and with my disdane for Android didnt even make me ponder going back yet.

Whatcha got Motorola and Nexus? Amaze me!:)

Mindbender14

macrumors regular
Aug 25, 2014
Ready for tomorrow. Comes down to the moto x+1 or the iphone 6 for me this year. What a fun week! :D

----------

Well the Note 4 announcement was a flop for me and with my disdane for Android didnt even make me ponder going back yet.

Whatcha got Motorola and Nexus? Amaze me!:)

Ha! That's exactly how I feel!

mclld

macrumors 68030
Nov 6, 2012
What are you two honestly expecting if you have disdain for Android? What could they possible announce that will change that? If changes and announcements at I/O didnt change your mind then what are you realistically expecting? Why would your minds need to be changed anyway? People have different opinions and preferences

Cnasty

macrumors 68040
Jul 2, 2008
Let me clarify.

Samsung/Touchwiz are worthless.

Lets see what Motorola and the Nexus line have in store as its the closest to stock Android there is which is great.

Not to mention design and actual things I will use on a phone and not a pen or my eyes looking at the screen to play or pause.

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US
Let me clarify.

Lets see what Motorola and the Nexus line have in store as its the closest to stock Android there is which is great.

Not to mention design and actual things I will use on a phone and not a pen or my eyes looking at the screen to play or pause.
Wait the N5 was better? Washed out screen...horrible battery life and very low sound. Featureless.....

Cnasty

macrumors 68040
Jul 2, 2008
Wait the N5 was better? Washed out screen...horrible battery life and very low sound. Featureless.....

I never said the N5 was a better device. I was stating I am more a fan of a UI that is not Touchwiz and more stock like such as the Nexus and Motorola line.

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US
I never said the N5 was a better device. I was stating I am more a fan of a UI that is not Touchwiz and more stock like such as the Nexus and Motorola line.

not what you said:
Originally Posted by Cnasty View Post
Let me clarify.

Name one Moto phone that compares to the N3 or Galaxy line of phones.
Can't say the Moto X....camera isn't even close to being on par. Then it is underpowered.

Mindbender14

macrumors regular
Aug 25, 2014
Ready for tomorrow. Comes down to the moto x+1 or the iphone 6 for me this year. What a fun week! :D

----------

Ha! That's exactly how I feel!

What are you two honestly expecting if you have disdain for Android? What could they possible announce that will change that? If changes and announcements at I/O didnt change your mind then what are you realistically expecting? Why would your minds need to be changed anyway? People have different opinions and preferences

I was agreeing with the amaze me part. ;) I don't have disdain for android. :)

I'll make my decision after the iphone 6 announcement. The Note is too big for me. The moto and iphone 6 I'm waiting to see new features and battery life.

Cnasty

macrumors 68040
Jul 2, 2008
not what you said:

Name one Moto phone that compares to the N3 or Galaxy line of phones.
Can't say the Moto X....camera isn't even close to being on par. Then it is underpowered.

I am speaking in terms of what we may be presented with all the new announcements coming from:

Nexus 6
X1
Sony Z3
IP6

All of these have a better chance of impressing me more than what the Note 4 did today because it is still Samsung which means it still has Touchwiz, which means it is still a terrible OS choice for me at least.

This isnt a spec war, hardware showdown. Hell, the WP OS will get more of my business any day of the week over another Touchwiz driven Samsung device.

My point, I am excited to see what the X1 and Nexus 6 have in store with way better UI and an overall experience than any Samsung phone can offer me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.