Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

617aircav

Suspended
Jul 2, 2012
No, I don't have any numbers. Just daily questions from people on how they can play the system. More and more merchants are cracking down on their return policy's and reducing the days and conditions under what you can return.

As long as they dont damage the item.

Grmnracing

macrumors regular
Nov 19, 2011
The iPhone 5s is still an awesome phone. Feature wise and speed. I'm sure the 5s will run iOS 8 really well. So I wouldn't worry about that.

dragon671556

macrumors regular
Dec 29, 2013
I just switched carriers from AT&T to a local carrier with better coverage and has roaming aggreements with Verizion. I just purchased a 5s. Yes I know the iphone 6 announcement is coming soon but my new carrier had a good deal on the 5s $75. So I took it; I'll pick up the 6s when it comes out. Give Apple some time to work the kinks out of the phone.

12vElectronics

macrumors 68040
Jul 19, 2013
California
While we agree, there are those who feel the is nothing wrong with this abuse and that they are entitled to abuse it. In fact there are more and more like this.

I agree. That's why return periods have gotten shorter and more merchants are enacting restocking fees. People don't realize it costs the merchant money every time a return is made. So we're either paying it in a restocking fee or a higher initial price tag.

stickybuns

macrumors 6502
Oct 22, 2011
I'm waiting to see how well iOS 8 runs on the 4S before running out to buy a phone, but if it turns out to be sluggish, I'll be looking for sales for the 5S. At the moment, I have zero desire for a giant phone as I find them to be too awkward to use (small hands :) ).

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
I'm waiting to see how well iOS 8 runs on the 4S before running out to buy a phone, but if it turns out to be sluggish, I'll be looking for sales for the 5S. At the moment, I have zero desire for a giant phone as I find them to be too awkward to use (small hands :) ).

Nothing wrong with the 5S. It is good hardware now and will be for a few years more. iOS8 may take a little fine tuning to be perfect but I think it will be a great upgrade.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.