Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

E2EK1EL

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 19, 2012
One of my Asian shops got them in today and I took one home to get a sense of how "BIG" the iPhone 6 will be.

Lovin' the China bootleg print outs of a Winterboard theme

Attachments

• IMG_0152.JPG
    IMG_0152.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 160
  • IMG_0154.JPG
    IMG_0154.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 164
  • IMG_0156.JPG
    IMG_0156.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 135
  • IMG_0158.JPG
    IMG_0158.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 121
  • IMG_0164.JPG
    IMG_0164.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 145
Last edited:

E2EK1EL

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 19, 2012
Next to the IP5s

Good bye one handed operations :(

Attachments

• IMG_0165.JPG
    IMG_0165.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 136
  • iPhone One Hand.jpg
    iPhone One Hand.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 145

Henke

macrumors member
Nov 4, 2012
Next to the IP5s

Good bye one handed operations :(

Anyone who has a problem with using 2 hands on a phone needs to have a look at there life and the world and give themself a good shake ,if that ranks as any kind of problem what so ever in there life.;)

Dave245

macrumors G3
Sep 15, 2013
One of my Asian shops got them in today and I took one home to get a sense of how "BIG" the iPhone 6 will be.

Lovin' the China bootleg print outs of a Winterboard theme

Is that the 4.7" or the 5.5" if its the 4.7" did the shop have 5.5"?

davistld01

macrumors 6502a
Aug 6, 2008
Springfield, MO
Anyone who has a problem with using 2 hands on a phone needs to have a look at there life and the world and give themself a good shake ,if that ranks as any kind of problem what so ever in there life.;)

I don't see it as a life-assessment issue at all. I see it as a disadvantage.

Although I have finally broken the horribly stupid habit of texting while driving, there are certainly times I want to access something on my phone like maps or "mobile phone" feature that I enjoy the use of only one hand to do vs. having to stop, take both hands off the steering wheel & do. Although I'm super ready for a larger display, I will miss one handed use a lot.

localboy28

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2010
I don't see it as a life-assessment issue at all. I see it as a disadvantage.

Although I have finally broken the horribly stupid habit of texting while driving, there are certainly times I want to access something on my phone like maps or "mobile phone" feature that I enjoy the use of only one hand to do vs. having to stop, take both hands off the steering wheel & do. Although I'm super ready for a larger display, I will miss one handed use a lot.

Keep your phone in your pocket before you kill yourself or somebody else.

E2EK1EL

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 19, 2012
It's the 4.7", my shop didn't get the 5.5"

One handed operations main focus is navigating the entire screen with one thumb while securely holding phone, regardless of your activities. Nothing to do with texting and driving, the keyboard is still fully accessible with one thumb on the 4.7" model, that ain't gonan stop the dinosaurs from doing it.

Even with a full tactile keyboard in 2003 on my Treo 600, it was impossible to text and driving and I didn't even bother with it.

2011 to the present, b/c of Siri the car stereo is mostly off due to texting and driving with that feature. Even walking and texting is now used with Siri, dictation and even iOS 8 voice recording, still my other hand is free.

PS

Sliding, pushing and shifting a phone to reach the top of the screen is the #1 reason ppl drop & crack their screens.

Last edited:

gadget8888

macrumors newbie
Aug 31, 2014
Here are a couple of cases I ordered for size comparison.

Left is iPhone 5S, middle is iPhone 6 (4.7) and right is iPhone 6 (5.5)

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Last edited:

juanrp

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2014
Florida
Well, it's only a little while longer before we finally find out just how this phone is going to look in terms of how big it is, etc.

9.9.2014. It's coming.

gadget8888

macrumors newbie
Aug 31, 2014
Well, it's only a little while longer before we finally find out just how this phone is going to look in terms of how big it is, etc.

9.9.2014. It's coming.

Ya i am currently using LG G3 and that has 5.5 screen but the iPhone 6 (5.5) is about 1.5cm longer than LG G3. G3 fits completely in that case width wise but in length, case is about 1.5cm longer than G3. Its kinda hard to hold. We will see how it pans out. :apple::apple::apple::apple:

pazz

macrumors regular
Feb 21, 2010
London, England
I think people are forgetting or not realising the benefits to one handed operation of a mobile phone.

I'm often carrying something else such as a briefcase, shopping bags, bottle of beer, keys etc in the less dominant hand so I have one hand spare to use a phone. Having to then stop what I'm doing and put that stuff on the floor just to answer a phone call would be annoying. I see Android users having to do this all the time.

I never even realised the benefits to one handed operation of a phone until I had an SGS4 as a work phone. First of all I dropped it more often and secondly I used it in different circumstances. I had to stop doing any other task if I was going to be using it.

pazz

macrumors regular
Feb 21, 2010
London, England
I received an iPhone 6 case today for the 4.7 and wow it's big. I've compared the case against other phone dimensions and it is very similar to SGS3. So an iPhone 6 4.7 with SGP Air Shell case is almost identical to SGS 3

daijholt

macrumors 65816
Jun 14, 2013
Wales, UK
You have to remember, the case is designed to go AROUND the phone, so the phone will actually be a little smaller than the case. I found this when we received the iPhone 5 cases in work just before the handsets; the phone turned out to feel much smaller in the hand than the cases we had to go on them.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.