Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

biosci

macrumors 6502a
Apr 16, 2010
Chicagoland, IL
I've had the OPO for a week and and while it's a brilliant phone I can't transfer any large videos I record to my Mac to edit.

Android File Transfer has a limit for 4GB per file and I can't get my files to my computer.

Neither does the phone show up as DCIM camera folder when plugged into my system.

Are you connecting to a mac? It should recognize the OPO is a camera.

N19h7m4r3

macrumors 65816
Dec 15, 2012
Are you connecting to a mac? It should recognize the OPO is a camera.
Yes, the machine in my signature.

It does not; at all.

I had to get Android File Transfer, and set the phone to debug mode to enable USB file transfers.

whoknows87

macrumors 6502a
Aug 8, 2012
S.Florida
Having a few issues after upgrading to 4.4.4 33R build, I'm stock and rooted and had xposed framework installed + modules installed like keepchat,snapshare, app privacy etc for the past few days I've been getting an error message when opening snapchat ( connect to SD card to view videos snaps) I'm unable to view any videos I went ahead and unistalled the xposed, and the issue still persist I even restored to an earlier backup 4.4.2 and nothing changes , I also went ahead and unistalled xposed and tried to install it again and kept getting download unsuccessful .........:confused::confused:

I'm using a mac , is there anyway I can just go back to out of the box stock I'll go ahead and reroot again if I need to do so

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US
Pre-order system starting soon

Looks like OnePlus will soon get rid of the invites and go to a pre-order system soon...

Steven WAdministratorStaff Member

New

Eight months ago, we set out to create a device with our fans, for our fans. Now, 100k early supporters have received invites to purchase the OnePlus One! The first 50k have also received second chance invites in case they missed out the first time around. So to our earliest fans who have journeyed with us through ups and downs, we’d like to say thank you for helping us reach our first of many milestones and we hope you are enjoying your OnePlus One.

In September, we’ll focus on growing organically through word of mouth. That means shareable invites. Our target is for everyone who purchased a One before August to receive 3 shareable invites which are active for 7 days. Once again, we are calling upon our early supporters, this time to share our device with friends, families, and even strangers. Let them know why you love your One and what it stands for: Never Settle.

This does not mean we’ve forgotten about the rest of our fans. We will still be sending out regular invites to forum members after 100k and you will all receive shareable invites as well in due time.

From the beginning, we have never done things conventionally, but it has worked out time and time again. Our philosophy this time behind shareables is simple: people love our device once they use it and will want to tell others about it. So far, much of our success can be attributed to our fans, and we have complete confidence that you guys will exceed our expectations once again.

Steven W, 27 minutes ago Report

https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/invites-in-september.101318/

Sensamic

macrumors 68040
Mar 26, 2010
Yep, good news.

Hopefully whenever they release the OnePlus Two it won't be through the invite system again.

Still a great phone and great price for Christmas.

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US
Yep, good news.

Hopefully whenever they release the OnePlus Two it won't be through the invite system again.

Still a great phone and great price for Christmas.

yep......I wish/hope the OnePlus 2 comes in a 5 inch size.....

gotluck

macrumors 603
Dec 8, 2011
East Central Florida
I found the issue. It's that the 4GB file limit is due to Android uses the FAT file system. No way to bypass that.

The Phone also can't record any videos over 10 minutes, no matter what resolution you use.

So you either have a high quality 4GB video, or a 10 minute one. Nothing longer or larger. :(

I was under the impression android uses ext4 for internal partitions, strange

after some googling it seems oneplus one uses yaffs2, which I know nothing about!

Last edited:

nfl46

macrumors G3
Oct 5, 2008
Well, as much as I love my OPO, I am going back to the iPhone. I picked me up a 5S. A part of me wanted to wait to try the 360 smart watch but oh well. Maybe I'll get the Nexus 6 for Christmas. OPO is a damn good phone, but I am stuck in the Apple ecosystem.

Savor

Suspended
Jun 18, 2010
With the invite system finally be lifted by October and we are now getting passed the beta stages of OPO's distribution, this could very well be my next smartphone if my M7 gets sold.

Rave reviews about the OPO. Jon Rettinger (Jon4Lakers) is already using it as his daily driver. Great battery life, fast, unbelievable price, pretty good design and camera. I might have underestimated the OnePlus One at first.

My predictions is OnePlus One will be Best Smartphone of the Year while Xiaomi will be Manufacturer of the Year. The 1+1 really generated the most buzz all year long while Xiaomi generated alot of buzz as China's new #1 market leader. China is starting to lead the way.

Sensamic

macrumors 68040
Mar 26, 2010
With the invite system finally be lifted by October and we are now getting passed the beta stages of OPO's distribution, this could very well be my next smartphone if my M7 gets sold.

Rave reviews about the OPO. Jon Rettinger (Jon4Lakers) is already using it as his daily driver. Great battery life, fast, unbelievable price, pretty good design and camera. I might have underestimated the OnePlus One at first.

My predictions is OnePlus One will be Best Smartphone of the Year while Xiaomi will be Manufacturer of the Year. The 1+1 really generated the most buzz all year long while Xiaomi generated alot of buzz as China's new #1 market leader. China is starting to lead the way.

IMO the OnePlus won't be the smartphone of the year just because of the whole invite system mess and poor marketing from OPPO. This doesn't mean it's NOT the best smartphone (it probably is IMO), but considering all the mess around it won't be considered such IMO.

I think it will be the Note 4. it just has everything: huge battery, QHD 5.7 display, fingerprint sensor, best camera with OIS, true phablet features, Snapdragon 805, 3GB RAM, etc.

Best manufacturer could be HTC thanks to the amazing M8 built quality and software optimization.

mrex

macrumors 68040
Jul 16, 2014
europe
This is an amazing phone =) A build quality is good. Design is excellent. Specs are great. Feels pretty nice on your hand.

mrex

macrumors 68040
Jul 16, 2014
europe
my new homescreen
yte6a8et.jpg

fr4c

macrumors 65816
Jul 27, 2007
Hamster wheel
Had mine for close to a month now with no issues, using it as my daily. The last few updates pretty much squashed the bugs that I've had since launch and it's been a workhouse since then. The phone will easily last me through the iPhone 6S (or w/e 5.5" iPhone update will be), which is when my wife and I plan to go back to Apple.

Kariya

macrumors 68000
Nov 3, 2010
Mine just arrived. My preliminary setup.

Attachments

• one_home2.png
    one_home2.png
    2 MB · Views: 96
Last edited:

Cnasty

macrumors 68040
Jul 2, 2008
Still never got an invite. I guess it was lost in the mail. :)

I did however manage to get a good deal on one from a reputable seller and hoping to have it by next week.

This will leave me with the Lumia 635, Lumia 1520, and the OPO.

I also want the IP6 but may actually wait until next year to pick up one or wait until the S line is released.

I read this thread from page 1 to page 39(work was really slow today lol) and it is a roller coaster ride of hilarity.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.