Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Fendi10023

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 15, 2013
My camera app opens and just instantly closes. Anyone have this issue? I reset the phone but still work fix. I bought my 5s on launch day, you thnk Apple would fix this (for free)?

In the instagram app, the camera would open and work in selfie mode

The Doctor11

macrumors 603
Dec 15, 2013
New York
My camera app opens and just instantly closes. Anyone have this issue? I reset the phone but still work fix. I bought my 5s on launch day, you thnk Apple would fix this (for free)?

In the instagram app, the camera would open and work in selfie mode

You should try holding the home button and the sleep button until you see the Apple Logo :apple:. If it still does not work you should try a restore.

dotme

macrumors 65816
Oct 18, 2011
Iowa
And if the Doctor's advice doesn't work, file a warranty claim immediately. The window on the 1 year warranty on the 5S is closing fast if you got yours on launch day.

stephaniegavin

macrumors newbie
Aug 15, 2014
Couple of ideas:

The first thing to try a hard reset. To do this simply hold and press the home button and the sleep/wake button at the same time. Hold them down for 15-20 seconds. Let go when you see the Apple logo appear.

If that doesn’t solve the issue, I would then try selecting “Reset All Settings.” To do this navigate on your phone to Settings —> General —> Reset —> Reset All Settings. Keep in mind that when you choose this option, it will wipe out all passwords and other “stored” info on your device!

If neither of these work, I think a trip to the Apple store is in order.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.