Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

prowlmedia

Suspended
Jan 26, 2010
London
You guys need to quit your bitching about these types of articles. No, it isn't about an Apple product. But it IS directly related to Apple in that it's their main competition. I, for one, like seeing what the competition is up to without having to go to some Android blog. It's not like these articles flood MR daily.

Your constant complaining is far more annoying than the occasional article about Samsung hardware.

You know it's nothing to do with that right? This site makes money by people coming on an commenting... lots and lots of it. So Throw in some stuff we complain about and they are they winners.

Last edited:

Manzzle

macrumors 6502
Jun 11, 2012
Apple better wow us with the 5.5" model that I hope is real.

That display resolution on the note 4 looks to be amazing. My 27" computer screen is running the same resolution. I won't buy one thou cause I hate the android OS.

Apple, please don't disappoint next week and also lose the 16gb for the 5.5" inch model for a 32gb phone.

joselc23

macrumors member
Nov 22, 2011
Seems only one side if the screen is bent? Seems it's made for a right handed person holding the stylus with their right hand.

hashholly

macrumors 6502
Oct 13, 2008
I like the look of the Samsung Note Edge, but am wondering:

1. How functional will the actual side menu be in day to day use?

2. What about the cases? If the case cover's that edge, it defats the purpose, and if its left uncovered, your just asking for some breakage from a drop.

MacDarcy

macrumors 65816
Jul 21, 2011
Actually, the edge looks pretty cool. http://youtu.be/gA1aOuK29_8

I'm an Apple head thru & thru...but competition is good. I usually don't like samsung design...but the edge with its curved functional display is kinda cool.

Z8beema

macrumors 6502
Sep 18, 2013
Mass.
[url=http://cdn.macrumors.com/im/macrumorsthreadlogodarkd.png]Image[/url]
ImageGalaxy Note Edge
As an alternative to the Note 4, Samsung also unveiled the Note Edge, a smartphone that is identical to the Note 4 under the hood, but features a curved display. The curved edge of the display operate separately from the main display providing an app launcher or contextual controls depending on the app that is being used.

ImageGalaxy Gear S
Samsung did not provide pricing or exact launch dates for this new hardware, but the Korean company is expected roll out these products in the coming months. Samsung's latest mobile and wearable devices will c
Article Link: Samsung Details New Galaxy Note 4, Note Edge, Gear S Watch and Gear VR Headset

Can someone help me understand the benefit of having a curved edge to edge screen

prowlmedia

Suspended
Jan 26, 2010
London
Who are you guys kidding? The Note Edge is an abomination of design.

I find it interesting as design... but it's entirely up to the person right... Some people think that Rolexes are anything but Disgusting Gold paperweights meant for Gold chain wearing pimps...but they are wrong.

boshii

macrumors 68040
Jul 6, 2008
Atlanta, GA
To you and others who are saying this - what about this design is interesting? Merely because it's different?

I'm curious what benefits this would offer? What issues does this solve?

Yes, because it's different it's interesting. Not saying it's beneficial or useful.

britboyj

macrumors 6502a
Apr 8, 2009
I predict the Note Edge having many, many broken screens, since that edge makes it much harder to put a solid case around it.

prowlmedia

Suspended
Jan 26, 2010
London
Because Apple sprinkles pixy dust on it, duh. :rolleyes:

Or makes the operating system actually not require it. I know that more would d be useful in SOME applications. but it;s actually just a lazy workaround for programmers. Web browsing could happying use more - page refreshes are a pain.

ad1815

macrumors member
Oct 30, 2012
The Note Edge actually looks good, but since almost everyone put their phone in a case I wonder its usefulness. It is possible that Samsung will accompany it with a new case design.

keysofanxiety

macrumors G3
Nov 23, 2011
AAPL is down $2.89... I wonder if it is related to Samsung's keynote

Historically, looking at why Apple's stock prices go down, it could be anything from the weather to Jupiter's alignment with Saturn.

Last edited:

ppdix

macrumors 6502a
Jul 6, 2001
Miami Beach
AAPL stock dropped 2.96...

Apple really has to step it up or they will fail to compete with Samsung and all their real innovations.
The iPhone 6 is cool but it's just a thinner, bigger iPhone 5s with too much room on the top and bottom, making it bigger than it has to be.

BJMRamage

macrumors 68030
Oct 2, 2007
it looks "thick" in that top photo.
and now not sure i like the look of the curved screen.
could be nice but not sure about it...not liking it right now.

this is for the Note 4 or phone, not the watch...which does look nice.

Jsameds

Suspended
Apr 22, 2008
"Your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could that they didn't stop to think if they should."

-Dr Ian Malcolm, 1993

You copied my comment from Engadget haha :eek: :D

I know you did because I cut off the start of the quote and capitalised 'Your' lol

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.