Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Oxonian3

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 13, 2011
Trinidad
Hi guys i'm running snow leopard 10.6.7 and I have the new 2.3Ghz quad core MBP.
I've been experiencing a problem in GR whenever i try to enter a game (Age of empires 3) gameranger freezes and beachballs.Then on my iStat i see 1 core on full load and the rest idle i'm guessing turbo boost. But why does this happen?
Thanks for the help

Hansa Pils

macrumors newbie
Jul 5, 2012
same problem here. Any solution? :confused: Worked perfectly fine in Lion, but no longer after downgrading to SL.

iMac late 2009 (i7)

macuser1232

macrumors 6502a
Jan 20, 2012
same problem here. Any solution? :confused: Worked perfectly fine in Lion, but no longer after downgrading to SL.

iMac late 2009 (i7)

We'll I have 10.6.8 SL and I run Rome Total War fine with GameRanger. By the way, which do you think Age of Empires is better than Rome Total War?

Hansa Pils

macrumors newbie
Jul 5, 2012
for most of my friends AoE works just fine on 10.6.8. (on older 2008 iMacs). I had the same problem before but Lion took care of it (but came with its own set of issues -> that's why I downgraded back to SL). :(

AoE is my first game on GR, never played Rome Total War

Hansa Pils

macrumors newbie
Jul 5, 2012
Problem solved! Just put all settings back to default, restart, then set them to whatever you like. :)

PJohno

macrumors newbie
Oct 28, 2013
Gameranger issues

I'm having issues with Gameranger starting up on my macbook. I am running OSX 10.9. have tried many times to uninstall and reinstall Gameranger. When I click to open app it just doesn't open a window. and you cannot do anything extra to try and open a window to host or connect to a game.

help please?

bmac89

macrumors 65816
Aug 3, 2014
I'm having issues with Gameranger starting up on my macbook. I am running OSX 10.9. have tried many times to uninstall and reinstall Gameranger. When I click to open app it just doesn't open a window. and you cannot do anything extra to try and open a window to host or connect to a game.

help please?

I realise this is old post, but according to the GameRanger website the program is currently not compatible with OSX 10.9 (Mavericks) so this would explain your problem. Hopefully they will release an update soon.

Anyone know of an alternative to GameRanger for Mavericks?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.