Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

KGI Securities analyst Ming-Chi Kuo released a research note today with updated information on Apple's rumored iWatch wearable device. Echoing earlier reports, Kuo believes Apple will unveil the iWatch at its upcoming September event, with sales starting in 2015. This early announcement would create a buzz about the product and provide developers with adequate time to prepare apps for this new device.

set-iwatch-concept-800x450.jpg
2.5-inch iWatch concept from SET Solution with curved, rectangular display
According to Kuo, the iWatch may have a rectangular design and will include 8GB of internal storage with 512MB LPDDR3. The wristwatch will be available in two screen sizes of 1.3 and 1.5-inches in order to accommodate different wrist sizes. Apple may use between two to four different casing materials, with aluminum and gold as two likely options.
The fact that wearable devices don't need much memory explains our prediction of an 8GB version with 512MB built-in memory. We expect casing material to be of 2-4 different types, with aluminum the most likely as it has been widely used in Apple products. A gold casing option is also possible, to add a luxury image to the product. We believe iWatch will be rectangular in front/ panel side shape. And lastly, like some other wearable devices, we expect there to be a number of holes on the back side of the device that can be used to monitor users' vital health signs such as heart rate.
Rumors have suggested the iWatch will include several sensors to monitor vital health statistics such as heart rate, sleep activity and more. The band likely will sync with the iPhone and integrate with iOS 8's Health app, which will produce a comprehensive health profile using health and fitness data compiled from a variety of third-party sources.

Article Link: Apple's iWatch Pegged for 2015 Debut in Two Sizes With 8 GB Storage, Multiple Material Options

Bskippy

macrumors newbie
Aug 21, 2013
How long until the statement "You're wearing it wrong" becomes a thing on the forums?

sputnikv

macrumors 6502a
Oct 3, 2009
Knowing the storage size doesn't say much with regards to anything since we don't know the kind of media if any will be put on it.

1Zach1

macrumors 65816
Feb 8, 2008
Northern Va
Could we please get a round up of all Ming-Chi Kuo's reports for the iPhone and watch? I'd love to see them all lined up.

Lapidus

macrumors regular
May 14, 2012
Plastic tape will be one of those materials.

And 8gb? There is no space for that. It will use everything from your iPhone over Bluetooth, right?

Suspended
Aug 19, 2014
If Macrumors would stop reporting KGI Securities analysts who guess and Digitimes reporters who lie for clickbait that would be great.

By the way Macrumors, the iWatch won't be announced September 9th. If we're reporting on guessing/lying nowadays maybe you should report on that.

But you probably earn millions reporting on ******** so it's fine.

AdonisSMU

macrumors 604
Oct 23, 2010
So far every iwatch I've seen looks like its trying to find a solution to a problem that doesnt exist.

carrrrrlos

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2010
PNW
Looking forward to the iWatch reveal more than the iPhone 6. Apple has done a great job keeping this one under wraps.

Zxxv

macrumors 68040
Nov 13, 2011
UK
8gb in the bottom of the range iWatch when the bottom of latest iPhone comes in 16gb (bottom of range)

Pull the other one. Ming and your fortune cookie predictions

How many more before macrumours says enough and starts ignoring him?

if you read his predictions its a joke. Its like trying to cover all your bases with a statement so you can appear right, informed and intelligent. Its poo

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
What is Kuo basing these predictions on? Just throwing crap at the wall hoping something will stick?

nelsonammo

macrumors regular
Mar 9, 2011
I really hope it doesn't look like any of the mockups. They are all so hideously ugly. The one in this article looks like an ipod nano with a wriststrap.

And I really hope it is not rectangular. If it is, Switzerland will be fine for a long, long time.

lincolntran

macrumors 6502a
Jan 18, 2010
He just regurgitates what he already said. This time I think he just guessing, just like everybody else

JesperA

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2012
Sweden
Have Kuo been right even once? If i remember correctly about all his reports i would assume he has a failure rate of over 90%, atleast.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.